redreadreed

Black Seal at bottom of white side light panels.

Marilyn B
5 years ago

So, I don’t know what is up with this black seal at the bottom of my side light panels. I find it ever more obvious and ugly. Why is this here? Can I remove or replace or cover it?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    5 years ago

You cannot remove it. It is part of the threshold/sidelite assembly. You can paint it with proper prep and paint.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    5 years ago

+1. If you open the storm you'll see an off-colored threshold on the entry door as well.... Can's say that I've heard the complaint before, but as WoW alluded to, painting it is something that is doable if done properly.

• User
    5 years ago

Thank you both for educating me!

• PRO
    Chic Carpentry Co
    5 years ago
    Don’t really mind the black at the bottom, Actually it shows that the door has been sealed already
  • PRO
    Chic Carpentry Co
    5 years ago
    Also, Don’t even bother yourself to paint them because most likely won’t last long unless use the proper 1 right paint.
    Anyways,Good Luck
Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.