murray68

Pendant light spacing over 240cm x 100cm dining table

murray68
5 years ago
Hi there I am having 2 37cm diameter pendant lights installed over my dining table and I have the dilemma of where to hang them. Do I hang them at 1/3 and 2/3 (80cm and 160cm) in or 1/4 and 3/4 (60cm and 180cm) in?

I think that placing them on the thirds will look better when the lights are off but perhaps the light will be more evenly spread when they are on. I also have a clock that’s in the middle which is why I went for two lights instead of three. Thanks for any advice :)
Hang at 60cm and 180cm
In between the two at 70cm in and 170cm
Hang at 80cm and 160cm

Comments (8)

• Anthony (Beano)
    5 years ago
    60 and 180 you could easily use three.
  • murray68
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks Beano, I’m trying to avoid 3 pendant lights as it would block the clock. Do you still recommend 60cm and 180cm spacing with two pendant lights? :)
  • Anthony (Beano)
    5 years ago
    No, I voted 80/160 as it will proportion it better, be real right or wrong here tbh.
  • minnie101
    5 years ago

I must admit I would go for 3, pendants over a table can be hung quite low so the clock shouldn't be obscured and unless you're eaing breakfast before work you don't want to be clock watching anyway:) if you don't want a third then I think the 80/160 means those sat in the middle will be able to see and it should work aesthetically

• cazSF
    5 years ago
    There is at least one pic on Pinterest that gives the suggested spacing for exactly this!
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

If you were looking to be really accurate i would take into consideration of the clock on the wall with the sides on the indent on the wall. Have the lights inline with the edge of the indent wall but also the clock positioned dead center of the 2 lights would be my opinion on this. but not to low to take out the floor lamps you have positioned :)

• PRO
    Susan Lake Lighting Design Ltd
    5 years ago

Hi we would consider the table size as this is the object you are lighting and framing and not the clock when setting out, we would recommend diving the pendant positions based on the centre of the light and the edge of the table: half equal, equal, half equal. I agree with the other comment that 3 would look better but if you would prefer 2, stick to these dimensions, so the first pendant would be positioned 60cm from the edge then 120cm to the next pendant then 60cm to the table edge. I hope that helps.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.