lorilynnlarsen52

Curious if anyone has started building (newer plan) the Embry Hills

lorilynnlarsen52
5 years ago

This is a newer plan by Frank Betz, just curious if anyone has started building this?! Would love to see some pictures!

https://www.frankbetzhouseplans.com/plan-details/Embry+Hills

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    5 years ago

I hope not. (opinionated commentary)

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

You can do far better than this!

Your family room, kitchen and guest room will be dark.

You are spending a lot of money on porches which will rarely be used - too hot/humid/buggy in warm weather.

it has phony dormers. Anything fake like this is bad.

I'm not a fan of closet inside bathrooms.

The guest room is so small it may not hold twin beds.

• jswell32
    4 years ago

Love this plan!!!

• BT
    4 years ago

I guess I can never understand fascination with 1.5 story structures. Human scale looks is nice, air conditioning a room in the attic structures is a nightmare. Same people who attack two story rooms because of perceived inefficiency, have no issue with supper hot attics.

• The_Lane_Duo
    4 years ago

While I see some things I'd change, I also don't think it's a "bad" plan. It has some potential.

• A S
    2 years ago

Why is it that all the architects on these discussions shoot down every single plan they come across?

• bpath
    2 years ago

Why do you bring up an old post to ask this?

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.