ouiouisgp

Renovating bedroom level with sloping roof

ouiouisgp
4 years ago

These are 2 plans that my architect has sent me. On the first plan, I like the side entrance into the master so it's like entering a suite of rooms but I hate the idea of a bath near the bed. The sloping roof is giving me major headaches of how I can move the different elements around. I would like to keep all the bathroom elements together, have a great wardrobe area , the bed I need to turn around as I don't like it facing the large window. and I need a cosy reading area.

As my architect is in France, it takes a lot of time to craft my long email replies and I really would like to sit down with someone in Singapore to bounce some new ideas around.

On this second plan, I prefer that the bathroom elements are kept together but I don't like the bedroom door to open directly onto the bed... I would be happier turning the bed 180 degrees to face the opposite direction but the low eaves on the other side would mean building out from the wall.

I'd really like to develop a 3d drawing of the master bed and bath so I can get a better visual of the height elements

I'd appreciate all any advice and feedback.

Thank you!

Comments (2)

• PRO
    ARTAC+ Pte Ltd
    4 years ago
    Sorry to say the designs are pretty poor. No disrespect. U right about the bath tub beside is not good.

The beds and doors are positioned in “conflict”. Our climate and culture is different. No way a French architect can plan well for u. Perhaps the interior details (like color, texture, materials, etc) from the French architect is good.
  • HotelAC
    4 years ago

Hi I can help. But I need to know your design brief so whatever advise I’d give would fit your requirements. Is the architecture design finalized? The sloping roof etc. Can you share me the exterior views, sections. what Interior style do you want? I’m guessing Ground level is ok. email me a.casia@hotmail.com

Thanks

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.