jeanjeanremodelmachine

Walnut cabinets

Mittens Cat
4 years ago
Are those custom cabs or are they IKEA Pax with custom walnut veneer doors?
Midcentury Modern 2 · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    HAUS | Architecture For Modern Lifestyles
    4 years ago

Thanks for your question. Yes, these wardrobes are using IKEA Pax with custom Walnut veneer doors. In their previous home, we did a similar setup with this client, as they like the storage efficiency that wardrobes provide. Except on previous home, the doors were original sliding/folding panels (a pseudo fabric from the 60's). For this project, the Walnut veneer doors carry thoughout the home (kitchen, entry cabinets, family room storage, vanities, desks, and closet panels.

Mittens Cat thanked HAUS | Architecture For Modern Lifestyles
  • Mittens Cat
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks. Do you fabricate the walnut veneer doors locally or through one of the customizer companies like Semihandmade, The Cabinet Face, et al?

• PRO
    HAUS | Architecture For Modern Lifestyles
    4 years ago

In this case, we sourced them via the cabinet provider (local). We have used Semihandmade in the past with success also.

Mittens Cat thanked HAUS | Architecture For Modern Lifestyles
  • Mittens Cat
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Well, beautiful result, kudos! I'm guessing you designed the room's ceiling height so it would be flush with the tops of the Pax. We have a sloped ceiling and I'm a bit intimidated at the prospect of (annual?) dusting the tops of those giants! Maybe I'll use one Pax for step ladder storage. :) Thanks for your quick replies.

• Irina Wolf Carriere
    3 years ago

Beautiful use of PAX! How does one make them look like a built in?

• Mittens Cat
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Irina Wolf Carriere, from the kicker running along the bottom, looks like they're sitting atop a bit of a platform, which would bring their 93" height right to the ceiling.

• Irina Wolf Carriere
    3 years ago

thank you, Haus Architecture!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.