gemhouse

Wood Fire Heater

gemhouse
4 years ago

We are putting a freestanding woodfire heater in a new open plan living dining space. There will be a rough stone wall behind it. Considering placing the heater on a raised concrete bench to create a small space to sit and wood storage underneath. Any thoughts?

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4 years ago

Concrete can be very messy to pour and install and get the right finish in a renovation. I would suggest you check out Glass-fibre Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) which is made and finished in a factory then installed. Check out Slab Culture as a potential supplier

.http://www.slabculture.com.au/

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• bigreader
    4 years ago

For some great ideas have a look at hungrywolfstudio.com.au. They do great concrete work. Also on Instagram.

• PRO
    Feature Fire
    4 years ago

It's great you are thinking of the wood storage solution early on - so many people focus on the fireplace and forget that they will need somewhere to put their fuel.

From a safety perspective you could include some design features in your bench seat (a curve or slope) that makes it difficult to accidentally have combustible items like cushions come into contact with the fireplace. Although this may not be necessary depending on what type of fire place you are installing.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.