bowiemojo

HELP! 1978 FADING BEAUTY IN NEED OF FACELIFT!

Hi there, I am about to do a total interior renovation and would love ideas on the exterior. Complete painting and a new roof (same material, metal or just metal accents?) is a given, but I would like to completely update the exterior. The neighborhood was entirely built in the '70's and I plan on selling in about 5 years. The upstairs master has the balcony which I find too "boxed in" and I would like to frame the roof to cover it but open the balcony to get a breeze and so we can have a place to sit during our dramatic thunderstorms. The "second front door" in photo #4 is going. I plan on closing this up with windows to the kitchen. I also would like a circular drive because no one comes to the front door currently and they wonder if I'm living in a duplex...I think I'd like to work with the rock facade, but beyond that I am stumped. Please share any and all ideas! Thank you in advance. :) Austin, TX.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Great Austin Real Estate
    Original Author
    4 years ago

That would be nice, but unfortunately I am not able to do that at the moment. Generally, the walls above the bush continue to the ground. Perhaps a few could see beyond the bushes.

• CindyR
    4 years ago

Do you have a picture of the whole house in one shot?

• PRO
    Great Austin Real Estate
    Original Author
    4 years ago

There are live oak trees in the front yard. This is why I took closer shots.

• CindyR
    4 years ago

Wow - how fortunate you are to have such a nice home on a big lot! My “go to” idea is usually “lighten the color!” but I really think your house deserves professional advice and hopefully you will get feedback soon.

• grapefruit1_ar
    4 years ago

I would remove those " pony walls" by the door, power wash the paved areas in order to get a good look, and remove the woven blinds ( sorry, they look like brown paper bags). Your house has so much potential!

• PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    4 years ago

Look at the architects Lake-Flato. They studied in the Lloyd Wright school and combined natural and engineered materials to create striking buildings.

Great Austin Real Estate thanked Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.