el15ew

Awkward Fire Spot?

el15ew
4 years ago

How would you utilise this area? The walk ways are not wide enough to pop chairs down in front without being a trip hazard...

Comments (3)

• Kate
    4 years ago

I see you have a second post about this specific area. Add it to your other post. Would be good to decide if fireplace is to stay or could be removed. I had one at my place removed to allow for an extension and relay out of house.

• oklouise
    4 years ago

you need to include lengths and widths of all the rooms including halls....sqm of the whole room is not enough

• PRO
    Feature Fire
    4 years ago

I say don't be afraid of the negative space, embrace it. The fireplace is located such that it can be enjoyed (at least partially) from the lounge, kitchen and dining - pretty rare for a single sided fireplace.

Maybe get nice comfy rug to put in front of the fire and that all you need (the rug should be located beyond the hearth or course and go for wool as it will be naturally more fire retardant than a modern plastic fibre one).

OR

Hanging egg chairs in front of the fireplace. Pretty out there idea but at least you can take them down if you get sick of walking around them.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.