matthewmon

Keep this pouf or return it to the store?

matthewmon
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Keep the pouf or return it to the store? Since I posted pictures of most of the living room if anybody has any other suggestions I would love to hear them as well thanks!

Comments (12)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    4 years ago

I would return Cousin It. I love shaggy textiles but this one isn't working for me.

• lulu bella
    4 years ago

My concern is if it was inexpensive, then it works and no worries about how it might accumulate dirt or cleaning it. Close up I don't love it, but in your space it looks nice and it looks like it would be used either as a footrest or for someone (kid?) to use for extra seating. If it was more than inexpensive I would probably return it. ( mostly it's not practical and I just keep thinking of cleaning).

• ilikefriday
    4 years ago

I love it. I would keep it. Where did you find it? I want one too!

Other suggestions for the room:

• IMO there are too many small items scattered around. I would remove everything other than the furniture and then start bringing things back.
    • Are all the plants real? If so that is fine. If not then I suggest ditching any that are fake. If they are real, I would still take them out and then take a look before replacing. Too many small items makes a space look cluttered. I group small real plants into one or two large, shallow containers.
    • Is that a pony in front of the window to the right of the fireplace? If so, I would remove it.
    • The painting, lamp, and table grouping seem out of place.
    • It looks as if there are curtains over one window but not the others, or is that a doorway?

I love your style. It looks like you have lots of texture in your space, which I adore. I would insert some color. Can you post more photos of the space?

• Marco
    4 years ago

If YOU believe it to be beautiful, or know it to be useful, keep it. If neither, return it. :-)

• Yayagal
    4 years ago

I agree with Marco. If you like it, keep it. I see nothing wrong with it.

• matthewmon
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I was strongly leaning towards returning it and that is what I will do this week. $30 at TJ Maxx in Greenville NC...I am pretty much done with my home decor just thought I would bring this pouf home and try it because I am going for a warm, cozy, maximalist feel. I'm pretty happy with how this home design has turned out but this post has inspired me to take pictures of my entire living areas with a better camera and post them in the next few weeks or so to see if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks everyone!

ilikefriday having a lot of items in the space is what I wanted for a cozy, maximalist feel. My last house was bright modern minimal and it was amazing but I wanted to downsize and do the opposite for this house. I know I may remove a few items in the distant future when staging to sell. The plants are artificial but mostly good looking ones as far as artificial goes....I have done live plants and love them but prefer as little home maintenance as possible with this house. When I take better pictures hopefully you will be able to see that I am looking at nothing but beautiful green outside the windows because a woods/tree line runs close to the back of my house. It is a horse in front of the window that provides a nice silhouette and I have another horse statue on my sofa table you will see in the pictures I post in the future. There are curtains over the sliding glass patio doors but nothing over the 3 windows in the living space.

• tartanmeup
    4 years ago

I'd return it as I find the texture competes with the rug. I'd consider a leather pouf for the space. The other suggestion I have is to consider larger artwork on the left wall. Alternatively, darken the current picture frame. (I really like ilikefriday's mockup. The bold curtains make the room in that rendition.) Very cool space.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4 years ago

I would return. The room looks already clattered.

• jemimabean
    4 years ago

My only complaint is that I feel like the texture of it battles a bit with the texture of your rug, and I prefer the rug. You have a lovely home!

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4 years ago

I'm gonna have to go with Bumblebeez - the first thing I thought when I saw it was cousin It from the Adams family. Am thinking that's what a lot of people will think and that might be ok.

• PRO
    A-List Builders Inc.
    4 years ago

Agree with likefriday. It looks a bit forced onto the space.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.