hidayu_hani

Staircase rail guide idea

Hidayu Hani
4 years ago

Hai everyone, my new house hv this ugly staircase rail guide. I'm planning to remove them as it look like an eyesore for me, but i don't know any idea to replace their spot primary purposes as rail guide. Advice pls. Tq.

Comments (3)

• Pix Tales
    4 years ago

I am not sure removing it is a good idea as for people who are not good with climbing stairs, the railing provides great support. Safer too. Perhaps you can wind it with jute string or something to give it a bit of a woody feel. If you have children, you can hang their art pieces off the hinges to showcase their art and it’s accessible to them. Stairwell then becomes a mini gallery.

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    4 years ago

Dont remove the railing. I would think of highlighting the wainscotting (pannelling) in a slightly different colour and hang some art or family pictures on the wall. Railing is there for a purpose otherwise you will find that people drag their dirty hands on the wall.

Take the emphasis away from the railing by adding other features.

• PRO
    FOTOARCH
    4 years ago

If dont have old people in your family. Remove it, and that light also. Redesign with better lighting.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.