lisajrule

Farrow & ball v Little Greene for painted kitchen

LJ Lilliput
4 years ago

Hello, wondering which people prefer and which should last better / chip less. Or is it personal preference depending on colours?! I heard that F&B have changed their paint recently. My kitchen was painted in LG as the painter preferred but that was 3 years ago. Thank you.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    At No 19
    4 years ago

Is this for the units themselves?

• LJ Lilliput
    Original Author
    4 years ago

yes thank you

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Hmmm difficult one. I’ve read that kitchen manufacturers prefer Little Greene’s eggshell. Now I’ve used the water based eggshell on some furniture and it’s fine, but I’m not convinced it’s tough enough for a kitchen, so maybe they use the oil based one? I’ve painted my front door in Farrow & Ball exterior water based eggshell and it has fared really well. I personally cannot use oil based paints as they give me a very bad headache so water-based only for me.

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

We spray painted our new kitchen with F&B. It's been in for just over a year now and we've not had any issues with chipping or peeling.

• PRO
    Dariotti Art Limited
    4 years ago

wow use eico paint stronger X 10 then f&b eco freandly color mixing heat and durability we use that company only for furniture make sure you use for kitchen porselin finish !!is the strongest they do also undercoat in the same color. it's miles better then ordinary paints like f&b this eico paints is the top choice.
    For more information follow us on Instagram Pro.finish.decorating.

http://eico.co.uk/

• PRO
    AL PAINTING
    4 years ago

In my opinion little green inteligent eggshell does nice finish for the woodwork, I think that F&B looks really good on walls. This is my personal feeling based on experience.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.