mzjkyc

basement carpet or vinyl flooring

mzjkyc
4 years ago

We are building a bungalow and the basement is finished with a family room two bedrooms and bathroom. We have ceramic in the bathroom not sure if we should carpet the rest of it or put vinyl flooring down.

Comments (6)

• functionthenlook
    4 years ago

Are you in a warm or cold climate? How is the game room going to be used? Adults, kids playroom , craft space?

• mzjkyc
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We live in Ontario Canada so it’s cold in the winter warm in the summer. Just my husband and myself so the family room will be used to watch tv and the bedrooms when family come home

• seosmp
    4 years ago

We did LVP and use big area rugs which can be easily cleaned and replaced.

• functionthenlook
    4 years ago

Cold area use carpet in basement. My office was in the basment. Even with padding and W/W carpet when it was below freezing for several weeks you could feel the cold coming up from under. Vinyl would be too cold in the winter. A area rug does do much insulating.

• PRO
    M & D Builders
    4 years ago

Vinyl plank is a better option and clean. If you are concerned about cold you can use a subfloor but that might increase the overall cost or you might use a thicker good quality underpad.

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.