majorzz

Height of Waterfall and mortar type

majorzz
4 years ago

How tall is this waterfall? What type of mortar/cement is used to hold the lava rock?

Rock Waterfall in the front entrance · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Matthew Giampietro Garden Design
    4 years ago

This waterfall is approximately 20' tall. We use bags of grey mortar mix. We add a charcoal color dye to the mix. We try to build our rock waterfalls with very little to no mortar visible. Many of the boulders are placed in a way that they are locked in together

• majorzz
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Wow, without any scale to compare, I thought the "fence" behind was approx 6 feet tall. It's great and thanks for the info. I was curious if the mortar was fortified or any sealers are used. I'm looking to build one approximately 5-7 feet tall by 15-20' wide and have recently poured a concrete basin and foundation for it. I'm going to incorporate a natural gas fire near the top and live plants near the base.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.