darren1111

east facing garden and kitchen

Darren1111
4 years ago

I am looking at buying a new build off plan which the garden is east facing, this is plot 177 on the plan below. Can anyone shed any light (no pun intended) on how this will make the kitchen/dining room and garden feel throughout the day?

Would we lose all sun in the garden from late afternoon? Also I am wondering if the openness of neighbouring gardens/properties will help.

Will we be having to put the lights on in the kitchen early etc?

Would you buy it?!

There is another plot west facing but we are put off that because it’s opposite a park and really don’t want to be near kids hanging around etc.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Adam Vetere Landscape and Garden Design
    4 years ago

I agree with Jonathan, if the garden is the same size then I would look at that instead (west facing).

If you go with the east facing plot, then you will still catch the sun at the bottom of your garden in the evening and you will have a sun trap in the morning to create a fabulous terrace with a bright/attractive planting scheme. Good luck!

• Darren1111
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks both. For more comparison here are more pictures - both 177 east and 154 west are opposite open space. You can see the play area. There is also plot 142 south facing garden (strange shape) which is available much later in the year.

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

Plot 142- it is a larger garden and south facing but has a number of neighbour windows facing into it.
    Plot 177- has smaller houses as neighbours and so there is a question mark about cars..... will there always be someone parked in front of your house? Especially as plot 178 has a garage around the back I think they will park more often at the front.
    Plot 154- some people might be put off with the shared drive but since plot 153 seems to have so much parking I think the only issue may be future drive maintenance which could be many years down the line. Someone might also have security concerns with the open space but given the alternatives are usually to be in the crowded heart of the estate I like this plot best.

• Darren1111
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you, i hadn’t considered smaller houses nearby influencing parking issues.

Nowhere is perfect I suppose but a better facing garden is on my list and the play area really puts us off. I think 142 being overlooked is my compromise... i don’t care personally but i know it would put future buyers off.

• Darren1111
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Looking more towards 177 because really don’t want to be at the park. Does anyone have any opinions on if the attenuation pond opposite 177 would down value the resale? That vs the park..

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

On other developments I have seen the attenuation pond looks nice- it’s just supposed to capture water if you have a one in 50 years rainstorm so for the rest of the time they are green and full of wild grasses

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.