tracie_wagner7

dual sided fireplace in between Master bedroom and great room

T_Wag
4 years ago

Any thoughts on having a dual sided fireplace in the wall between master bedroom and living room. About to retire and it will be just the two of us in house 95% of the time

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    4 years ago

Total loss of privacy?

• User
    4 years ago

Unless the house is in a retirement community, it'll be a tough re-sale. You don't want anyone looking into the MBR from the den. Ugh! That 5% when you're not alone, double Ugh.

• User
    4 years ago

Expensive and icky.

• Jazz Easy
    4 years ago

Generally, between Master Bedroom and En Suite, with tub placed to see FP from the En Suite side. Between Master Bedroom and Living Room? Ah...no.

• B Carey
    4 years ago

Check into the pricing of the dual sided fireplaces. Usually cheaper to just do 2 fireplaces.

• PRO
    All Seasons Fireplace
    4 years ago

The architect set the sight lines perfectly. There is no lack of privacy for this couple.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I would hate for the squeaks of the office chair in the bedroom to escape through the duel sided fireplace.

(Hint: I am speaking in metaphorical secret code)

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.