kalinepringle

We are about to refinish 100 year old Doug Fir Floor.

Karena Pringle
3 years ago
We think we want a green stain and finish since we both are older and have breathing issues when we get colds. We like natural or medium brown color but don't want too yellow or too red a brown color.
What products are good? Source near us in Southcoast of Oregon. This 1920's house was built by the timber company and probably used wood right from their own mill.

Karen and Hank
100 year old Douglas Fir flooring restoration · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    The Old European Floors, Inc.
    3 years ago

Hello Karen,

I would highly recommend professional Dura Seal stains and Bona Traffic HD satin finish. I have been using Bona finishes since 1985, and they have remained one of the best water-based finishes on the market.

A very important thing is to hire an experienced contractor who knows how to sand and use stains and finishes on old Douglas Fir floors.

You can also visit my webpage www.europeanfloors.com or call or text me at (425) 697-5566.

Thanks,

Adam

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.