mousumi_ghosh

Need help with Lightening placement over off-center kitchen island

Mousumi Ghosh
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Our 9 ft island needs to be about 9" off center from the large kitchen window (93" wide); Should the pendant lighting above the island be aligned with the island or the window? Should we go with 2 or 3 lights? Thanks for your advice.

Mimi

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Andrea Mason
    3 years ago

Align it with the island and I would say 3 would look best here. Pendants that are substantial around 12-14" would fit well. Good luck!

Mousumi Ghosh thanked Andrea Mason
  • chispa
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

How many people will be able to view it from above? None, right! Center pendants with the island.

Mousumi Ghosh thanked chispa
  • Mousumi Ghosh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks :) yes, that's tru-I was worried that you could tell the lights were not centered from looking out toward the window. But the'll be overhead..

• PRO
    Michael Menn Ltd.
    3 years ago

I also agree. Align with island and add three (3) pendants.

Mousumi Ghosh thanked Michael Menn Ltd.
  • PRO
    Hampshire Light
    3 years ago

Hi Mousumi,

We encountered this situation with another project of ours. We chose to align the 3 pendants over the kitchen island to light up the workspace. It also looks much better aligned over the kitchen island.

We would also suggest adding 3 pendants instead of 2. Feel free to take a look at the project here: https://www.hampshirelight.net/portfolio/modern-kitchen

Hope this helps!

Hampshire Light team

Mousumi Ghosh thanked Hampshire Light
Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.