forzaitalia

Has anyone used Dulux Polished Pebble in their home?

Sonia
3 years ago

I’m thinking of using it in my bedroom. It seems to change from grey to beige In the various pictures I’ve seen. The room is North East facing, so sunny in the morning but less light in the afternoon. Would love to hear how you have found this colour. I will get a matchpot on my next trip into town.

Thank you!

Comments (32)

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

Sonia, I haven’t but do recall several people posting on here in the past that have used it. Can’t for the life of me recall who though.

• Ellie
    3 years ago

Used it in my north facing lounge, above the picture rail. I found it light grey, nothing beige about it at all. This is it out in my conservatory... light in my lounge is very poor so you can't see it well.

• Steph Pew
    3 years ago

I had it in a flat I moved from 1 year ago and loved it. Did hall bedroom and lounge/diner/kitchen - open plan. The only room I didn’t do was the bathroom and the girl who bought the flat messaged me to check the colour she liked it so much.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

I did in my old house and it‘s quite cool but I used it in a south facing room. I’d probably go for something warmer personally

• macbroom
    3 years ago

It was one of the many testers I tried for my bedroom. It didn’t suit and I went with F&B skimming stone, which is similar. My bedroom is a bright room.

• Ellie
    3 years ago

I don't think skimming stone resembles polished pebble in any way.... I must be colourblind!

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you everyone so more grey than beige, that’s what I wanted clarifying. 👍

• minnie101
    3 years ago

Definitely grey and has a blue/purple tone.

You don’t mean pebble shore do you as I think that’s warm but never tried it?

• macbroom
    3 years ago

Should have clarified my comment - similar as in both light grey - Skimming stone warm and polished pebble cool.

• User
    3 years ago

Yes, I've used polished pebble in my north facing lounge. Very similar colour to f&b blackened which I first used. Definitely doesn't look beige.

• Jen
    3 years ago

We’ve used polished pebble in two rooms. In a hallway with no natural lighting, where it looks a pale, neutral grey under ‘daylight’ lights. Also in a bright, east facing room in which it is a lovely, pale, warmish grey which is quite sophisticated and changes with the light. I would not describe it as ever looking as warm as beige, however - that does sound rather more like pebble shore.

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Jen that is most helpful.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

😂

So does the lavender go with the new bed? If so, you could always do all the walls? Or is it your chance to use oval room blue? Not sure in NE but it looked lovely in east facing

Or inchrya blue..

• Jo Jones
    3 years ago

We’ve used Dulux Perfectly Taupe in our previous house. It definitely looked light grey or pale taupe in different lights, but I found it mostly grey in our house. It’s the grey looking paint on this photo.

• tamp75
    3 years ago

Pebble shore is def more beige. I’d say you’d want polished pebble with your lavender wall, it’s a lovely soft grey.

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Minnie the new grey headboard looks fab with the lavender wall. The Egyptian Cotton looks too pink and not in a good way. I’ve bought a lovely throw and cushions so I’d like to keep the mauve.

Jo like that Perfectly Taupe. Another match pot!

Tamp75 I agree. I don’t mind cool shades. Thank you.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

Oh I remember you mentioning a hunt for a throw, I have the same thing atm trying to find a caramel one..

So if it’s to go with the lavender you could try strong white?

• pmasmith3
    3 years ago

Sonia, I have Purbeck Stone with Brassica and a grey headboard. It’s quite a dark room and the Brassica reflects on the Purbeck Stone and warms it up quite a lot. Hard to get a decent photo as the light changes so much - I don’t have any white - ceiling is Pointing and woodwork is Shadow White.

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That looks lovely Minnie - that purple sofa 💗

pmasmith that looks cosy. More match pots needed.

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I took a couple of photos of the lavender wall and headboard, as well as the “just doesn’t look right” Egyptian Cotton!

• hedgehog99
    3 years ago

I have both Pebble Shore (2 bathrooms and a spare bedroom) and Polished Pebble (hallway) and definitely concur with others that pebble shore has a warmer, greige feel (though much more grey than Egyptian Cotton, which I used to have in a sitting room so familiar with it), whereas polished pebble is a light cool grey. Personally I much prefer pebble shore and wish I'd done that in the hall too! It still feels like a grey but (IMHO!) has more depth and personality. The polished pebble walls (in the hall and up two flights of stairs) have gradually become very marked by children's greasy fingers, and it shows absolutely every mark! I think your dark grey headboard would work with Pebble Shore but not sure how the lavendar colour would sit with it.

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you hedgehog. I bought match pots for them both today so will paint some card and see which I prefer.

• E D
    3 years ago

We have Polished Pebble in a north facing hallway where it looks quite cool, almost cold and certainly not beige, and also in my south facing workroom where it looks cool but in a more soothing way, if that makes sense. As mentioned before, it doesn't look like Skimming Stone, which I have in most of my home.

I’ll see if I can dig up a photo of the hallway, if that would help.

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks E D. I’ve just painted some card and Polished Pebble is such a lovely pale grey, exactly what I wanted. It goes well with the lavender, the headboard and my wardrobes which are a stone colour. l’m not worried about the coolness as the lavender is cool and I like it.

• E D
    3 years ago

Nice one.

I’m not an expert (as you know ☺️) but I had a feeling it could work with your lovely Lavender blue.

• Steph Pew
    3 years ago

I’ve used Egyptian cotton before but I think you are right it doesn’t go with lavender polished pebble all day

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes Steph, I got some sample pots and Polished Pebble has won the race! Such a soft gentle grey and it is perfect with the lavender wall.

• pmasmith3
    3 years ago

Can’t wait to see it!

• Natalie Jol
    3 years ago

I used polished pebble with an endurance finish when we painted our new kitchen/living south facing extension. In this room you really have to look at the ceilings- which are white- to see the polished pebble is grey.
    We then used it in our north facing living room which still has picture rails so white above the PP below and again the grey looks very light and subtle. Here is a pic of the living wall this evening with a couple of lamps on.

• Natalie Jol
    3 years ago

Here it is

• Sonia
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It’s just perfect, isn’t it Natalie? Just waiting for my second vaccine then I’ll get the painter and decorator in! Thank you so much.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.