webuser_103720709

What specific negative issue with Shaw vinyl plank floors?

Steve F
2 years ago

I read people say they get negative reviews, but don‘t find exactly what product line and if the concerns apply to their higher end lines? And what specific concern is it? I’m looking at the Prodigy HDR Plus line that just came out and is magnesium core so harder/thicker than SPC (or WPC). I myself got many samples of diff products from many manufactures and this seems thick/strong and really does not scratch at all in my efforts, unlike almost all others I played around with and tried to damage. But I’m new to this and cautious...so what is the exact negative issue with Shaw? And would it apply to this product? I will have it professionally installed, not DIY. THANK YOU,

Comments (21)

• Steve F
    Original Author
    2 years ago

This the specific Shaw product I’m referring to FYI

https://shawfloors.com/flooring/vinyl/details/prodigy-hdr-plus-2038v/hygge

• Steve F
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ie, Shaw Prodigy HDR Plus

• PRO
    Sadro Design Studio Inc.
    2 years ago

Steve, That is a really nice looking floor! Curious how your research went ? Did you get that product installed?

• lexalin
    2 years ago

Any updates on this thread? We are considering the Prodigy in Hygge as well.

• Steve F
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I did not get any feedback here on that specific new Shaw product, but read so many issues with Shaw LVP in general, that i did not buy it. im still looking. if you find something in similar color and look but ftom a maufactruer with better feedback, lemme know? thank you.

• Steve F
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oops, sorry for the typos above. Pressed submit by accident!

• Rose Zielinski
    2 years ago

Hi, I m looking into CoreTech ”GRANDE “ LVT has anyone had issues woth CoreTech?

• Kwai Chan
    2 years ago

We recently bought a house and installed Anvil Plus Mineral Maple Shaw Floors, click and lock, float style. It has only been 3 months and I find that it takes so much effort to clean the floors. After vacuuming using my Shark vacuum, it still looks dirty. I either wear flip flop or socks in the house and my socks gets dirty the same day after vacuuming!!

We recently had a few planks fixed too because there were planks that were ripped and torn during installation. The floor installer replaced them with new planks. He glued and nailed them down!!! Is that the right way of doing it? Now we have some planks covered with dried glue that we could not get rid. The floor installer said she would send someone to clean it up and fix it but nothing from them.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    2 years ago

There is a thread on here - I just can't seem to find it. A woman is looking into the luxury vinyl floors and has been testing out samples for way over a year now. There are issues with them ruining socks and clothes and even stories of putting small cuts in your feet. She has looked into tons of brands.

I hope someone else may have seen this and can find it!

• Connie Kempf
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Do lots of research which apparently I did not. I put down Shaw Timberidge Honey Walnut in January 2021. The boxes and the displays at the store all had the ADA logo which I was told meant it was ADA complaint and I did look online at the product I was purchasing and was led to believe it was the product that would work.
    My husband did not have a powerchair at the time but I knew he was going to be getting one in the near future. Long story short after getting the chair my floor was crap in 3 months and the warranty means nothing.
    They will send a Flooring Inspector and he will say the floor was put down wrong. It should have been glued down for a powerchair. Anyone who puts this flooring down may find themselves in my same situation. Flooring sounds so easy to put down but maybe everyone needs to glue it so they will warranty it.
    Why put they ADA symbol on your product? What does it actually stand for and who trains the sales people?
    I feel I was misled by the advertisement and the warranty was too good to be true. It’s a shame as I have lots of money invested.

• Sarah Buscaino
    2 years ago

@Wyatt Pate Do you mind posting any more photos of the floor? I love the Hygge color but was concerned in the sample about small black dot details in the wood grain (worm holes?). Do you have any thoughts on how much those show up across the whole floor?

We were waiting on Shaw to restock the Tannin color of this product, but Hygge might be available sooner so we may do that instead.

• cat_ky
    2 years ago

I saw one or two on here that complained about them always looking dirty. There is a post on gardenweb about this in the cleaning forum, you may want to read.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/4060775/prints-left-on-luxury-vinyl-plank-floors#n=433

• Doug Green
    2 years ago

We had Shaw 2038 Prodigy HDR Plus Hygge installed professionally. Several months after installation many of the butt ends lifted or buckled. Has taken many months but an inspector should be coming in the foreseeable future. Stay away from this Shaw product.

• Sarah Buscaino
    last year

Doug: Can you post some photos of the installation and the problem?

• Connie Kempf
    last year
    last modified: last year

Doug Green good luck with that. We were told flooring was installed wrong, floors weren't level, we had too much furniture on the flooring, power chair was too heavy and floor needed to be glued when installed. Is it false advertisement to advertise a floating floor then only warranty it if it's glued down? By the way the power chair came into the picture after the flooring was installed and it also was dirty looking. ZEP Neutral PH is the best for cleaning but my mop gets caught in the splinters and cracks.

• Melissa
    last year

@Kwai Chan I'm also interested in the Anvil Plus line but it's been hard to find reviews. Did you get 12 or 20 MIL? Have you had any luck with cleaning the floors? Any issues with the floors scratching up your feet/socks?

• jackowskib
    last year

Reminds me of the Pergo floor back in the early 90’s, the edges were all glued so it was still a floating floor.

• Connie Kempf
    last year

Has anyone who has installed Shaw LVP flooring read any instructions as to when you would glue the floor?

• D Maxcey
    last year

Shaw Floorte Elite Prodigy HDR MXL Plus, color Sienna.
    Lots of issues. Would not recommend this and hope to help you in your flooring decision.
    Lots of buckling, a cracked end..see photos. Thankfully Shaw is replacing flooring and covers half the labor to reinstall flooring. Nothing toward trim boards, appliances or toilet removal however. It will be messy and costly.

• jjp7
    14 days ago

Was your floor professionally installed?

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.