bhayes3

Blank wall

B S
10 years ago
I need advise on what to do with this blank space? My dinette is only 48" but the wall is 65 inches. I don't need to keep the pictures? I am thinking a console table? Any ideas?

Comments (11)

• B S
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Advice*. Thanks :)
  • Chem K
    10 years ago
    I would hang them closer with a gap of 1.5 to 2in . If there is no need for a console a clear walk through is better. Less is more!
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I rather like the idea of a console table there if it matches the table enough. THEN decide how to hang the pics, but I am guessing they will need to be closer as the table will not be that long. I am guessing the width of one frame would be perfect for the distance between them.

I see there is an outlet there, too, just in case you put a lamp on the table.
  • willjea
    10 years ago
    A console/buffet would look nice there, and would be handy for setting out food. It looks like you have quite a bit of room, so I don't think it would look cluttered- I think it would cozy it up. Agree with chemayne about hanging the framed prints closer together. If you have extra dining chairs, you could have a small seating area against the wall with a little drop leaf table to double as a server/buffet. Good luck! It's a warm/pretty room! I just moved into my first little house, and isn't it tricky figuring out what to do with some things? :)
  • willjea
    10 years ago
    Also, if you're not committed to the framed prints, a nice big decorative mirror always looks sophisticated and opens up a room without adding the appearance of clutter (maybe a round one to balance things out).
  • B S
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank everyone! Does anyone have an pictures of a console table that you would think would work well?
  • Noshir Dubash
    10 years ago
    From a very practical mind, do you need a buffet table? do you host enough? is the small table big enough for your needs? when you leave some empty space it makes the place look a bit more spacious. To the designers in this forum, do we really need to fill out every single wall ?
  • B S
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Luxxe Designs :) Any furniture idea? Clara- I don't need a buffet table but I would prefer a side/console table for storage or maybe a storage for wine glasses?
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Are the centers 60" above the floor? Hang them just the width of a single one of the frames apart. Try a floating buffet to keep the floor open. With furniture beneath them they should be about 5" above the item's surface.
    Lake Road Dining Room · More Info

A.P. House · More Info
  • sky68
    10 years ago
    I like the idea of a large mirror and the floating buffet. You could also do several floating shelves and place pics and artwork on them.
    B S thanked sky68
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.