webuser_501751403

Brushed gold kitchen tap but what sink?

HU-501751403
last year

We are having brushed gold tapwear throughout our new house however I had chosen a stainless steel sink but my designer pointed out the will look odd I hadn’t thought of it but now she has pointed it out I cant ’unsee’ it. Any advice on sink colour please? i dont like black or gold (too full on) so i think i need to go white however didnt want a farmhouse sink due to chipping although love the look.

Comments (13)

• Kate
    last year

If you want stainless sink go undermount.

HU-501751403 thanked Kate
  • dreamer
    last year

What colour is the bench top?

• Kate
    last year

And what is it made of

• HU-501751403
    Original Author
    last year

It is a white marble look similar to Caesarstone Empira White (however I am having gas cooktop so now looking at a similar a colour in Dektone or Porcelain as can't have Caesarstone behind gas and want splashback to match bench - separate dilemma!)

https://www.caesarstone.com.au/colour/5151-empira-white

• HU-501751403
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Kate, will definitely go undermount as prefer the look so I guess it isn't so obvious that the two colours don't match. I honestly hadn't even thought of it till my designer pointed it out so I'm possibly overthinking the whole thing.

• dreamer
    last year

Definitely stainless steel under mount sink. Hide the sink and let your tap shine.

HU-501751403 thanked dreamer
  • PRO
    Trends Kitchens
    last year

Agree with the above, definitely an undermounted stainless!

• Felicity
    last year

HU-501751403 I would love to know what you decided as your query about brushed gold tap with stainless steel sink is precisely what I am wondering about now. A dilemma! I'm hoping you might see my response all these months later and let me know if you are happy with your decision.

• HU-501751403
    Original Author
    last year

Not in yet as the build as taken fooooorever but we have chosen a white sink like this. I’m a bit worried about staining though.

https://oliveri.com.au/products/santorini-white-double-bowl-undermount-sink

• PRO
    Zephyr and Stone
    last year

Hi! A stainless steel undermount would be practical, but if you're looking for a designer look, we'd opt for a white undermount!! Here are some of our projects where we have used a brass tap with white undermount sinks-

Kitchen brass tap in Coastal Kitchen Design

Laundry Tap in Hamptons Project

Butlers Pantry in Hamptons Project

Hamptons Kitchen with brass tap and white sink

We hope this helps!

• Felicity
    last year

Thank you! The pics are beautiful! Can you tell me brand of white sinks please? Is keeping a white granite sink in good clean condition reasonably easy?

• PRO
    Zephyr and Stone
    last year

You need to be more careful with them than stainless steel. We use GIF cleaner on ours and they come up a treat, however this is not a recommended product for cleaning them. These are the Schock sinks from Abey Australia.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.