scott_allenby

Was the exterior of this barn stained ?

Scott Allenby
last year
We gave built a similar barn although smaller, and are trying to figure out the best stain to create this look.
Barn Garage · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Blake H. Held, Architect, PLLC
    last year

Thank you for your interest. The look of the wood siding is from the wood itself. The finish is a clear finish adding no color which would obscure the natural variation of the boards. Maintenance of this look requires a dedication to frequent refinishing since clear stains offer a shorter term protection as compared to semi-transparent or solid stains. I hope this helps your decision.

• Scott Allenby
    Original Author
    last year

Very helpful - thank you! Our barn is pine shiplap, and we are trying to figure out whether to apply a semi-transparent or solid stain to it, but love the look of this natural, darker wood. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.