shoemacl

Flush ceiling-mounted hoods

shoemacl
last year
last modified: last year

Does anyone have experience with a flush ceiling-mounted hood that they like? We have heavily weighed all of the different options and realize a hood vent would perform better, but were willing to make that compromise to achieve our desired aesthetic. We will likely build it into a bulk head to get it closer to our range.

Are there any updated opinions on these products? Are Best and Zephyr still considered thr better brands? Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Raw Urth Designs
    last year

Hi @shoemacl!

We came across your discussion post and thought you may be a good fit for us. We craft custom metal range hoods that are GORGEOUS and built with an attention to detail unlike any other. Check out our website to see our styles and photos of projects we've done in the past! www.rawurth.com

Give our shop a call at 970-484-8851 to chat about your wants and needs, and maybe we can be a good fit for you! Or shoot us an email at steel@rawurth.com and we're happy to put a quote together for you :)

Thanks for your time!

-Raw Urth Team

• opaone
    last year

Flush hoods generally preform quite poorly. If you actually cook food in your kitchen then you should get a proper hood. Some more here: https://bamasotan.us/range-exhaust-hood-faq/

• qwert
    last year

I’m facing a similar design decision….what did you choose? Happy with you choice?

• shoemacl
    Original Author
    last year

@qwert We went with the Best 43” which will be sligbtly larger than our 40” stove. We built a bump out in the ceiling to get the hood closer to the stove so its not totally flush but hopefully more effectice. No feedback yet as we dont move into our new house until April but Ill report back!

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.