paul_tweeddale

Possible to have draws under a vented job on an island?

Hello all, we have a Siemens vented induction hob ordered for our kitchen island and are desperately trying to figure out if we can have drawers under it or if we’ll have to settle for cupboards. Obviously we know we’ll have to lose a functioning top drawer but being told that because we need access to the filter from underneath we can’t even have a single large bottom drawer.
Anyone suffered a similar issue?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    ICE Interior Ltd
    last year

Hello Paul, Yes you can definitely have working drawers underneath a venting hob. You have not mentioned the model number, but usually the hob suspends approx 227mm down from the worktop meaning you would specify a 2 drawer unit (2 x 355mm High Frontals) but the top drawer would need to have a standard drawer height, not a pan drawer specified. You may also need to specify 400mm deep drawers to allow space for the ducting at the back of the unit. I hope this info helps?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.