bianko

Terrazzo Kitchen with Restored Wooden Floors in an Open Plan Layout

Biko Tee
last year

Any ideas how we can combine open plan of a terrazo tile floor (kitchen only) whilst restoring the wooden floors for the rest of an open plan home?

Just playing with the idea in hopes I can get the best of both worlds.

Comments (4)

• dreamer
    last year

Terrazzo and wood, look wonderful together, they are both full of texture and interest. Ensure the join, where they meet,looks professional.

• Pam Mataari
    last year

Have a border

• PRO
    schemes & spaces
    last year

Hey Bianca, you can definitely make it work. It will help to ensure there is some colour cross over, for example, bring the timber tone from the floor to your kitchen cabinets. Or select a terrazzo colour with some warm, timber, like tones in it. That way the two areas will feel more connected. Hope this helps, good luck!

• Biko Tee
    Original Author
    last year

Love that blend of colours, gives me more ideas... thanks schemes&spaces.

Contemplating that the kitchen be on 1-2 steps up, though long-term not sure if we'll get sick of going up and down!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.