emciuk

Sectional? 2 chairs? Loveseat? Help!

emciuk
last year
last modified: last year

Hello Houzz Community,

I have been trying to solve a "seating" dilemma for this space for a while now, but do not seem to be able to figure out the right solution. Would it be better to get a sectional (but then I would lose the corner light), a love seat (would that be a last century choice?) or two chairs?

We need more seating space.

A friend is getting rid of a sectional and I marked the floor to see how it would fit in our space. It seems way too big.

The markings on the floor are for my friend's 12.5 feetx8 feet 10 inches sectional)

I have been looking at these chairs from Poly and Bark: https://www.polyandbark.com/products/rowan-lounge-chair?variant=20160655917129

and/or possibly at this loveseat from macy's

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/radley-62-fabric-loveseat-created-for-macys?ID=1434001&CategoryID=29391&swatchColor=Heavenly%20Mocha%20Grey%20Brown

Clearly, I have no idea of how to do this.

Any inspiration, ideas or input would be highly appreciated.

With thanks,

emciuk

Comments (12)

• emciuk
    Original Author
    last year

@Patricia Colwell Consulting Thank you for taking the time to read and look at the pics! my husband too called the sectional a "monster" :)

• eld6161
    last year

i agree. Sofa and two chairs.

emciuk thanked eld6161
  • la_la Girl
    last year

^ agree with others - btw you have lovely natural light in that room!

• emciuk
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you! It used to be two rooms and we just got rid of the wall in between. I would love to make the most of it and I am grappling with my limited resources and (also limited) sense of space.

• lucky998877
    last year

Those huge U shaped sectionals belong in a theater room or a basement hangout. An L shaped sectional with low arms would work nicely in your space.

• emciuk
    Original Author
    last year

@lucky998877 thank you. Hmmm. Do you have any suggestions of what i could look at?

• lucky998877
    last year

Mine is a semi-custom. I was able to choose from lots of fabrics, leg style, stitching style, arms, how many pieces were included, loose back or not etc. Yes, I had to wait for 8 weeks (years ago) but I got exactly what I wanted for this space and still saved $1,000 over having it truly custom made by a local sofa maker. Our sectional was made in North Carolina (it's SO heavy...so if you are shopping locally...try picking it up...it tells a lot) where many American furniture makers are. Hope this helps!

emciuk thanked lucky998877
  • elcieg
    last year

Your friend's sectional is too big for the room. And you would be covering up so much of your lovely new floor.

I looked at a few sites which carry Poly and Bark and your chair does not get good reviews.

I do think you still can have a sectional as the front corner and single window make a good spot for the RIGHT facing chaise.

Put the tripod floor lamps in the front corner and a accent chair. Add a rug and window treatments.

• emciuk
    Original Author
    last year

@elcieg WOW! Many thanks for taking to time to come up with these suggestions! I love these new ideas of organizing the space. Very exciting!

• PRO
    LiLu Interiors
    9 months ago

It looks like the sectional would take up way too much space. Either do a sofa and two chairs or an apartment sized sectional and one chair.

Fresh, Acquired, Worldly: Living Room · More Info

Art of Family: Family Room · More Info

Art of Family: Living Room · More Info

• emciuk
    Original Author
    9 months ago

Thank you very much for your input!

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.