webuser_282319337

Roofing dilemma

HU-282319337
last year

So my partner is wanting to do some upgrades to a property of ours. The house is a mixture of light red bricks, and has a red roof currently. We are wanting to upgrade the roof colour and the guttering, but are stuck on what would look best. Any advice or suggestions?

Comments (9)

• astrogirl77
    last year

When in doubt go black! You can then paint the cream fence posts black to give it some synergy.

• Kate
    last year

Keep to a deep grey.

• oklouise
    last year

Welcome back Dr Retro

• siriuskey
    last year

Ditto

• astrogirl77
    last year

We recently had our roof painted and I had my heart set on black but the consultant talked me out of it, so w settled for Colorbond's Monument. It wasn't dark enough since it gets so much sunlight and it looked medium grey. I had them come back and redo it in Night Sky (black). Now it's perfect. Have not noticed increase in heat. We installed whirlybirds so maybe they help.

• PRO
    CHRISTINE HALL ARCHITECTS LTD
    last year

How about mid grey? I'd probably keep your white window frames.

• kach1965
    last year

Have you considered Colourbond Woodland Grey roof and gutters with a Surfmist Facsia. The surfmist could tie in with your lightly coloured window frames and front fence. I would paint your front fence posts the woodland grey as well. Woodland Grey and surfmist complement each other nicely.

• PRO
    Sharpdesign
    last year

dark colours will have a surface temperature 10-15c higher than light colours... both costly and environmentally insensitive !

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.