webuser_323318523

What Type of plants have you used that resist European winters?

I am a big fan of this jungle garden as I loved many years in Central America and would love to have a quiet stop in my garden that reminds me of it. Could you tell me a few of the plants that you have used here that resist European winters? Thanks!
Urban tropical · More Info

Comments (2)

• coray
    last year

What exactly is a “European winter”? Winter in Barcelona is very different from winter in Bavaria or Iceland!

• PRO
    antonia schofield garden design
    last year

Hi Joana - The small urban tropical garden featured is in London so we are quite lucky to have a semi sheltered climate ...however this winter has been awful!!

In general I make sure that if plants cant survive below - 5 then they wont survive an English winter...but as ever its always tempting to try different things out!!

So go for it, and plant what you love ...you can always bring pots in for the winter ...

Best

Antonia

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.