webuser_443266822

UK grants for Renovation

Elnaz S Nobari
10 months ago

Hey all, sorry for spamming — part of my Reno is complete redoing of glasses/doors and heating. As have the freehold of the building, will be able to ideally use some solar panels on the roof if other leaseholder agrees. Are there any other government grants currently happening that I should be aware of? Loans etc all welcome

Comments (7)

• User
    10 months ago

No, unless you're on benefits. Solar installation is currently 0% VAT

• Jonathan
    10 months ago

Make sure you are not just replace windows for the sake of it. Sometimes the newer alternative down values the property- especially if the windows of a divided house don’t match.

• Elnaz S Nobari
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@jonathan ah no they’re broken, and the main issue is one is frosted. Am claustrophobic and the frosted is bothering me

• Sonia
    10 months ago

Have a look on Martin Lewis’s website where he’s written a whole article on solar panels including who qualifies for a grant. Basically only benefit claimants earning no more than £30-31,000 total income may qualify. Go to www.MoneySavingExpert.com to read the full article.

• Jonathan
    10 months ago

Windows- many people rip out period windows. Don’t make that mistake. Instead have them renovated and new glass installed if necessary.

• PRO
    i-architect
    10 months ago

If the windows are frosted it may be a requirement to keep them that way. They can be frosted because of a planning constraint so that neighbours privacy is protected.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.