jessicabellpop

Adding mouldings around brick windows

Jess Pearson
7 months ago

I’m thinking of adding some timber mouldings around my windows in my brick house as I think it will soften the brick. See my inspo pic.
What do people think? And do you think they would be best painted or unpainted?
FYI I’m also planning a pergola over the deck.
Thanks in advance :)

Comments (7)

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    7 months ago

Hi Jess, I don't think that timber around windows will look right for the house type you have. If you need to soften the brick, I would recommend looking at exterior wall paneling and plant screens ideas instead. There are nice designs out there especially with pergola.

• Jonathan
    7 months ago

I agree that the timber trim won’t work on your house because of the brick window cill. Instead look at planting, or put something against the wall such as a water feature

• Jess Pearson
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Thanks both - appreciate it. I was thinking of cutting off the protruding sill to make room for the moulding (and adding a small sloping piece for rain drainage)

• Jess Pearson
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Like your ideas of the panelling, planting and water feature. Thanks

• Sonia
    7 months ago

I think the red brick is a lovely soft terracotta hue. I would add some planting such as a climber, perhaps in a big pot, where the seat is and also under the window. Along with the pergola it will make a really nice feature. I can see you already have a couple of nice pots. Perhaps a decorative mirror too?

• Jess Pearson
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Ooh that’s lovely Sonia - thank you!

• User
    7 months ago

No to moulding around windows, unless you're adding cladding like in the photo

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.