amj0307

tinted film added on windows

A J
16 days ago

Last year we added tinted film on first floor windows in master bedroom (shutters are window treatments) and formal living room (no window treatments in LR but shutters are on second story windows; two story room). Kitchen has no window treatments and family room has roller shades. We just noticed that the sun put a stripe across the expensive roller shades in just a years time so I want to add the tint to the rest of the first floor windows so they all look the same. However, I have two doors - one in bedroom and one in kitchen - I’m thinking I would need to put the tint on them as well because otherwise it’ll look different. But my dog slobbers on the kitchen door daily and I’ve read it’s tricky to clean a window with the film. Am I making a mistake putting it on the doors?

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    16 days ago

Interior tint will mar and can scratch. See if they can tint the exterior of the door as they should easily be accessible...obviously.

• A J
    Original Author
    16 days ago

They are brand new doors and some have shutters on them so I doubt that.

• A J
    Original Author
    16 days ago

This guy just deals with the film that’s added to windows

• A J
    Original Author
    16 days ago

I assume you meant a tint other than the film type?

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.