houzzerpolls

POLL: What's your favorite color?

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
What's your favorite paint color in your home?

Vote for your choice below! To enter the drawing to win an official Houzz t-shirt, post a comment (or photo) showing us what paint color your favorite room is.

Watch the video below to see the t-shirt!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 11/24/13. One winner will be drawn at random.

Other - Tell us Below!

Comments (446)

• lindslarue
    10 years ago
    I just painted my living room Fashion Grey by Behr and love it!!
  • PRO
    30A Interiors
    10 years ago
    I love several colors but I have always has a certain amount of passion for green! To me, green breaths a bit of life into a room such as bringing a bit of nature's outdoors in! There's nothing like stepping outside into a lush green garden full of God's creations and natural beauty! Doesn't it make you want to smile?
  • oaksgigi
    10 years ago
    Yellow, yellow, yellow! This bright color ranges from sophisticated pales to bold brights, looks great in every room, & can be accessorized using almost any other color.
  • mcvic3
    10 years ago
    I have a green room and it is the most calming room in the house, It feels like being outside in Mother Nature.
  • Tim Novak Jr
    10 years ago
    Red is always appealing as it livens up a room. It can also be both modern and classical, which makes it diverse
  • Momof5x
    10 years ago
    In our new home-in some rooms , we have 3 D grey wallpaper, cream/golden faux like texture walls ( painted ) with brown stenciling etc.. In another room brown and cream delicately floral wallpaper, in one bedroom grey silver and black is the norm for that room-really beautiful, and I went bold with crimson red on main wall, and deep cream walls.

sample here of bedroom midway through work at the time.:
  • PRO
    Barbara Grushow Designs Inc.
    10 years ago
    GREIGE - Grey/Beige mix - or TAUPE
  • PRO
    Barbara Grushow Designs Inc.
    10 years ago
    Favorite Paint Colors for a room in a home....
  • carolthenurse
    10 years ago
    So many greens to choose from.They are earthy, neutral, or bold. Can wake you up or calm you down.Since green is in nature, it seems I can find one that goes with most other colors
  • stidmama
    10 years ago
    I love how bright and welcoming yellow rooms are. Easy to make it shift mood by adding blue or grey for serious or quiet times, or energize with red or orange, or jazz it up with purple, greens, or even black and white accessories. But no matter what the base of yellow keeps the high notes and warmth.
  • Samantha E
    10 years ago
    I love blue. It's such a pretty and calm color.
  • Betty Rushon
    10 years ago
    I have always liked white, I like grey and beige as well, depending on the room.
  • 1mintchip
    10 years ago
    I need the calming colors of green in my home. Often I add a pale blue green to mix it up. At different times in my life I have been a red, orange, yellow person - not so much now!
  • sarvam
    10 years ago
    I would love to paint mine wih beige so romantic and silent.....
  • rubyloves2shop
    10 years ago
    It is a toss up between my perfect yellow (custom formula) in kitchen/dining areas and Irish eyes 75% formula (blue/green) in living room area. I never seem to do anything that is not custom since I work in paint and decorating profession I create my own colors.
  • Mikayla Bartley
    10 years ago
    I love white walls.... Add colour with accessories and furniture... That way if you get bored it's easy to change your colour scheme ;-)
  • brathy13
    10 years ago
    We are working to bring the outside in. White lets nature become our color palette.
  • Jessica U
    10 years ago
    I love Behr's Nurture. It is a beautiful light greyish blue. I love it with my yellow accent colours.
  • Carol McGilvery
    10 years ago
    I love a yellow room, it reminds me of the dining room in Claude Monet's Garden in Giverney, France. He had accessorised the yellow room with ultramarine blue and white. It was so gorgeous! I wanted to set up camp and live there.
  • anne dee
    10 years ago
    Did it look something like this ? ;-)
  • Linda C.
    10 years ago
    SW Alpaca is a warm beautiful bright gray w/no green undertones. Mixed with greige, beige and pops of blue - love it.
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    I customized in every room, and so don't have names, but like the front room's mango shade the best, entirely because guests let their hair down upon seeing it. I enjoy that response so well that I'm unlikely to change for many years to come!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    CONGRATULATIONS to @exbavarian for winning a Houzz t-shirt! If you missed out on this one, don't worry, you still have a chance to enter your comments into our December Checklist poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-whats-on-your-december-checklist-dsvw-vd~757213
  • realestatekid661
    10 years ago
    I like a dark purple or an ocean blue.
  • PRO
    Beckony Kitchens & Baths
    10 years ago
    Benjamin Moore Hot Spring Stones! We're also pretty taken by Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter and Gray Owl as well. These great neutrals look lovely in spaces modern to traditional and everything in between.
  • nelle98
    10 years ago
    Love the spring green! Every color in the rainbow compliments green, Take a good look at the outdoors in the spring for you inspirations!
  • Gina P
    9 years ago
    So many beautiful colors but the one for me would have to be the yellow. Just did an open concept kitchen remodel and used SW sun kissed throughout and love it!
  • Percy D
    9 years ago
    Lavender
  • Veronica Bellotti
    9 years ago
    Blue.White,Yellow.
  • bonitasuellen
    9 years ago

A malted milk color- not brown but not beige.

• kcren
    8 years ago

In the photos the black one is my favourite. Love the high contrast.

Otherwise, greige is my favourite overall.

• dreamhomechicc
    8 years ago

Marcy Giesbrecht I love your living room, so warm and cozy!

• Elsa
    8 years ago
    SW Balanced Beige is a neutral, not too yellow beige, mixes well with Grey's. For a room with a darker look, I love BM Chelsea Grey.
  • honeyfieldsgraincompany
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Right now, mine is creamy white. However I really do like a soft, pastel turquoise with some gray in it, or creamy pastel pinks. As long as the color makes my home seem filled with light, as well as warm, inviting, and peaceful, I'll take it!

• Leeza
    7 years ago

Benjamin Moore's Brandy Cream (OC-4 or CC-60) which is off-white with mostly very light taupe suggestions... but wow, it is a chameleon color more than others -- totally depends on the light hitting it. We used it through our new (50-yo) house. With Woodland Snow ceilings and cabinets/trim, and Brookline Beige on the floor in one room and for some steps. The new furniture is all dark wood (mahogany or cherry finishes) which makes for high-contrast.

• crazy4french
    7 years ago

My vote is Yellow. I think homes should have a cheerful, happy ambiance and yellow is a great base color. You can add more brightness to it with accessories, fabrics, and rugs that introduce other colors. I really don't get the current popularity of gray and white. Gray is a depressing color and white is the absence of color. I follow the Frank Loyd Wright philosophy that home interiors should be done in warm colors.

• PRO
  • gypsyrose17
    7 years ago

Antique white with white trim is a great neutral if you have a lot of stuff to hang on the walls, it showcases your floors and furnishings also. That is why art galleries have neutral tones.

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 years ago

My favorite paint color is crisp white!

• dehingst
    7 years ago

I want to take out all the wall color and go back to white but I have North walls and I'm looking for a warm white. Not sure just yet. My furniture is off-white and sepia for the paintings on the wall.

• PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    7 years ago
    Ginger
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    7 years ago
    Ginger
  • snow moonelk
    7 years ago

Turquoise

• Carol Rafferty
    7 years ago

Pinkish purple. New color combination & purple is my birth stone.

• Carol Margetic
    6 years ago

Black ~ made my low ceiling in dining room & small kitchen backsplash 'disappear'. Adds depth elegance!

• tooky58
    6 years ago

Purples and pinks. Deep, rich tones and the right bright. DH on the other hand loves his blue.

• Carol Rafferty
    6 years ago

There is a fairly new color combination & it's called pinkish purple. This combination is totally beautiful. I'm doing my apt, this color.

• Denise Hamm
    6 years ago
    Any shade of green
  • Katie Woodard
    5 years ago

Any shade of Blue

• Energy maintance
    5 years ago

Ditto. Any shade of blue

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.