jcbogie

Why don't you stay in the cage and let the dogs out?

jcbogie
10 years ago
see how you like it.
Hoffman Residence Kennel Inside · More Info

Comments (26)

• dsr0265
    10 years ago
    I agree, you should be in the cages, not the dog
  • Muriel Dowle
    10 years ago
    Hmm, it does seem a little odd, altho there must be a reason for it, pls don't judge till you know it.
  • jeepgurl
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Really??? These people should be in cages? Give me a break!! Those are kennels for dogs and NICE ones at that! How many homes do you see that have beautiful places like this for their dogs? It looks to me these people take great care of their dogs, and home, and are not the type of people that let their dogs destroy the house! Besides they are not outside tied to a tree!! Just Sayin!
  • hayleydaniels
    10 years ago
    I bet this is a rescue which is why all the kennels.
  • rubymae
    10 years ago
    If you took the time to read the article that goes with the photo (this is part of a "my houzz" tour) you would have learned that this couple fosters rescue animals. Having the kennels inside allows the animals to stay in the AC when it's really hot out (it is Texas, afterall).
  • laffingwater
    10 years ago
    Hey..you stay in cage and you let YOUR dogs out and when they get electrocuted from chewing a cord or say, get into poison or hey..maybe jump through a plate glass window then you can feel all good and gooey in all the right places. MORON!
  • PRO
    Rica
    10 years ago
    i can attest to the austin, texas heat so having these foster dogs inside with an a/c is great along with the cool concrete, great beds and lovely windows for each "condo" unit is awesome! i think the buckets are for water, great for the heat. thank you for taking care of these dogs!
  • Tony Dickerson
    10 years ago
    I've never seen folk on Houzz call others names. Not acceptable! I love that they rescue dogs. I prefer shelter dogs!
  • Connee Robertson Osh
    10 years ago
    I run a dog and cat rescue. We cannot allow all the dogs to intermingle and be gone. Never know if they have been abused coming out of a shelter and some dogs are food aggressive. We are responsible for the well being of our animals, and find that they just need their own room. I can see this as a garage turned kennel and adoption area for prospective adopters to come and sit in a living room-like setting to get to know the dogs. I love this idea, and, it would also work for cats with modifications.
  • toonia
    10 years ago
    Dogs are den animals. A crate is not cruel at all. Unless of course they are in there 24/7. It's a responsible way of taking care of dogs.
  • tatiriv
    10 years ago
    This looks horrible, it's a jail for an innocent.
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    10 years ago
    In the photo you will see small openings in where the dogs can go outside anytime they want. The cage is only there to keep the dogs outside of the house proper when the owners are not there.
    10 years ago
    Can the dogs come into the house as part of their family??
  • rocarmic
    10 years ago
    I have more than one dog and believe me it's better and more responsible to have a safe place for them when I am not home. The kennels are top of the line in this photo.
  • jswillig
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I have 2 dogs and hated the idea of having to crate them when we leave but, after a hole in the front door and torn up carpet, crates are the best solution for us. This is beautiful for these dogs and safe (I have a fence jumper and would need this height) though I don't know if I'd like it in my house. Maybe in the basement so we don't disturb the neighbors with their howling? Sound proof room? I don't know but these are definitely better than what we use now-regular crates
  • Elly Rottler
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    it's well know that dogs don't see crates as "cages" - that's a human perspective. It's their den, a safe place to either sleep or escape the whirlwind of a too-busy house. It's folks who abuse this tool (leaving them in all day while working late hours) that may give crating a bad image.
  • Leah Kent
    9 years ago
    People this kind of setup cost a fortune. These dogs appear to have it made. I am sure they do not stay in the kennels all the time. But is pretty darn good to be able stay in the a/c or go outside while your human might have a long day at work. Think before you speak. Everything is a matter of perception obviously. But the people that had this DESIGNED and built care about their animals.
  • Tracy Voss
    9 years ago
    I'm sorry to read the ignorant responses from the people who say the owners should be in cages. I have been in rescue for 3 years and we deal with these types all the time and they are absolutely draining. Kooks! The kennels are beautiful and the dogs have access to the outside. This set up ensures the dogs don't chew your house up while you are gone and have a nice safe place to stay while the owners are away. I am currently in the process of building and will look at this set up in our new home.
    9 years ago
    I think it is great.
  • Damien Cole
    9 years ago
    The negative comments should go to a local shelter, bring home 5 scared dogs and see how "easy" it is. It would be more constructive than criticizing! #Ihave5rescuedogs
    9 years ago

My second comment. The pets ARE in the house and can be with the owners. But looks like they can go out when they want to. The people that are leaving negative comments are probably the same "people" that leave their pets in a HOT vehicle.

• 707rn
    9 years ago
    I have 7 dogs living with me in a BRAND NEW HOUSE. Crates and a dog run are the best invention. I have had 3 rugs chewed up, shoes, slippers...and oh yeah......A COUCH! you people who think you know it all and say the humans should be in cages???? I bet you aren't speaking from experience because if u knew anything about dogs, its that they need structure. Especially when there's multiple dogs. So....how about you check your IQ and then get your facts straight before reporting the news.
    9 years ago

Who is your comment directed to 707rn??

9 years ago

Disregard my question 707rn>

• PRO
    Advanced Electrical Technologies
    7 years ago
    This site is not for criticizing but more to praise an idea or scene that you like.
    If you don't like something just keep on moving to another scene or setup you do like and write something constructive there.
    I personally know Damien and know that she loves her rescue dogs such, they are part of the family.
    This is a great idea to utilize the area for a good purpose and looks amazing for that space! Great job on the integration of a comfortable environment for animals and the animal lovers!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.