dorotamon

Hello, what type of crypteria japonica are those? what is exposure?

dorotamon
10 years ago
Bethesda Residence · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Molly Scott Exteriors, LLC
    10 years ago
    Hi! Thanks for your question. The Cryptomeria are most likely the species--Cryptomeria japonica. (We wanted them to get big!) If they are a variety it would be "Yoshino" The trees are located on the west side of the house and the major canopy trees make it a dappled light.
    Hope that's helpful!
  • Aaron
    7 years ago

I recently planted some Cryptomeria Radicans. Any recommendations for other privacy evergreens I can plant next to the Cryptomeria that would compliment them (other than Colorado Blue Spruce, Leyland Cypress or Green Giants)? Thanks!

• PRO
    7 years ago

Hello!

Some of my recommendation will depend on where you live and how big the plant needs to be, but in general I love: Serbian Spruce, lots of varieties of Holly (Nellie Stevens, American Holly--but watch out, deer can be an issue), Blue Atlas Cedar, Cedrus deodara, many types of Chamaecyparis (False Cypress), and Lacebark Pine (Pinus bungeana).

Hope that helps!

Best,

Molly

• Aaron
    7 years ago

Thanks Molly. Can you identify any of the trees in the attached?

• PRO
    7 years ago

Hi Aaron,

Yes, it looks like the first one is maybe a Blue Atlas Cedar, the second two look like Deodara Cedar and the last one looks like some kind of Spruce. Its a bit hard to tell from the photos, but that's what it looks like.

thanks for your question and I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

best,

Molly

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.