plans14

Need a design for a built-in TV cabinet and shelves next to fireplace

plans14
10 years ago
Hi! I need help with a design for a built-in TV cabinet with shelves in a niche between the fireplace and a wall. It is awkward as the TV will need to move out and shifted to be seen. Thanks so much!

Comments (7)

• PRO
    HERE Design and Architecture
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Click on Find A Pro at the top of the screen to search for experienced interior designers in your area.

That is a very nice cabinet you have there. Hope you have a good place for it! :)
  • plans14
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks, I will continue to use it, just not for a TV!
  • Cheryl C
    10 years ago
    I installed some ready made cabinets on both sides of my fireplace this past year and topped it with a granite countertop. To make it look built in, I trimmed the sides with molding. Very simple and it gave use tons of hidden storage.
  • plans14
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks so much for your input! I will take all into consideration, especially ones that are cost effective!
  • plans14
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    That is a very good option for the best TV viewing! I was also wondering about building the cabinet flush with the walls or one that came out about 3 inches? My space is 17in, deep. Thanks
  • houseatthelake
    10 years ago
    Lower base cabinets with wall mount oscilating mount
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.