ledouglas

stainless steel cable rail - who makes it

Laura Douglas
10 years ago
Hello,

Who makes this stainless steel cable railing? Are there only certain types of cable railing that will work with Trex railing?
Trex Decking · More Info

Comments (6)

• Frederic
    10 years ago
    Not sure about the cable manufacture but any stainless steel cable would work. I use a great deal of trex for clients and their vertical posts are hollow and require a 4x4 bolted vertical to the underlying structure. The large horizontal top rail is cut to width and attached to clip plates you mount to the vertical cases. So basically you want to look for eye bolts with a stiffener assembly. Then you would mount the eye bolts to the 4x4s, run your cable lines connected to the eye bolts and tension them to whatever the desired strain load is. You could put a system together piece wise from any hardware store.
  • PRO
    Laura Douglas thanked Fence and Deck Connection
  • PRO
    Ultra-tec®
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    If you are looking for pricing for a similar system please visit our website . . . http://thecableconnection.com/ultra-tec.html
  • Jamie Jamison
    8 years ago

Doesn't the Feeney CableRail require a minimum post size of 4x6 for the end and corner rails?

• PRO
    Fence and Deck Connection
    8 years ago

No it does not. We would recommend doubling up a 4"x4" post for the corner.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.