carol_malloy

Why is it so difficult to find a 60" square dining table in espresso?

Cmalloy Designs
10 years ago
I have a 12' x 12' room and want a square table (60" x 60") in espresso! I cannot seem to locate anything without going over $1000.00 budget for the table alone :/ ideas?

Comments (19)

• bonshome
    10 years ago
    What is wrong with a round table?
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Im not totally against it but since the room is a 12 x 12 square, I think it will highlight the area better to have it be square.
    Thank you!
  • bonshome
    10 years ago
    12x12 is not a big room. All the chairs will be square on bottom , square room , round may be a nice contrast ..and the flow will be better than trying to dodge the corners of a square table
  • bonshome
    10 years ago
    Also how many chairs? with a round you can always add more
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I need 8 chairs
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Hi Carol -- I agree with bonshome, in fact with four chairs, the overall footprint of a round table setting becomes a square. Here are some visuals to ponder:
    [houzz=
    completed projects · More Info
    ] [houzz=
    moss tree, landfall · More Info
    ] [houzz=
    Dining Room · More Info
    ] [houzz=
    Urban Townhome Breakfast Room · More Info
    ] [houzz=
    CC · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    UWS3 · More Info
    ]
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    In order for there to be ample arm room, we have found that 60 inches is the way to go in a square table, espresso colored. In the model homes they feature what we are looking for but they can only be purchased by designers in bulk, therefore, we cannot go that route. The room is not entirely open or I would consider round. There is a short wall on one side therefore, we do want the square. It must be black with perhaps white leather type chairs. Thank you all!
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Carol, did you do the following search on houzz? I see some possibilities for you (pastabilities if you're serving Italian.)
    Click here: http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/60-square-dining-table
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Woodleys.com Custom Made by Canadel. They are running a 40% off special right now. I cant get my table for close to 1200.00 :)
  • calooch
    10 years ago
    Hi, I have a hexagon beveled edge glass table with great bronze base. Was in my 14x 14 dining room and am selling it with 8 chairs custom made..interested. Great shape
  • calooch
    10 years ago
    It's 60 x 60
  • Stacey
    10 years ago
    Pottery Barn has a fixed Benchwright dining table 60x38 in alfresco brown and rustic mahogany . Seats 6 people.
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you but I really think a square will work best for me and my situation. Thank you very much though!
  • PRO
    Wood Foundry Furniture and Design
    10 years ago
    Here is a 65 x 65" table we did out of solid walnut for a client who wanted to seat 8 in a smaller room. According to them, it works really well!
    Cmalloy Designs thanked Wood Foundry Furniture and Design
  • Allison
    10 years ago
    Sorry to be like this, but where are you located? I have an espresso modern table that is 60"x60". It doesn't fit in the new dining space anymore.
    Even if you don't take this table, it would probably be VERY easy to Custom make. It's sleek and modern and can be an idea for what you are looking for. It comfortably seats 8....
    Cmalloy Designs thanked Allison
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I live in Colorado and while my husband is good at many many things, a woodworker, he is not lol.. (nor a handyman!)
  • Allison
    10 years ago
    no such luck for shipping it to you. i'll take a look this evening to see if i can find out where it came from, but it sounds like it would fit the bill. i got it off of craigs list for $100 so i have no idea how much it would be.
  • PRO
    Cmalloy Designs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    hmm.. I never checked there. Let me look. Thanks!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.