emmelinewe

POLL: Union Jack love?

Emmeline Westin
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Yesterday it was St. George's day and while we don't decorate with the red and white St George's Cross, people do love to incorporate the Union Jack !

Which of the looks below do you prefer? Do you like the British flag in interiors? If you have a Union Jack cushion or rug sitting at home, please share!
Union Jack dresser
Union Jack curtains
Union Jack frame
Union Jack fridge
Union Jack sofa

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    10 years ago
    I'd absolutely love the own the fridge! It's so fun :)
  • Jessica Kerry Mack
    10 years ago
    I generally wouldn't use flags in my home unless I was an ambassador. Besides, I feel it is somewhat disrespectful of someone's flag to use it as a rug to be walked on or a sofa to be sat upon. Anyone else remember the episode of Barney Miller with the flag salesman during the bicentennial that was arrested by Wojo and not allowed to sit down because he had a US flag sewed on the seat of his jeans?
  • Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'm pretty drawn to the fridge too! Such a pop of colour!
  • shelleyuk
    10 years ago
    Yuck. Been and gone. At least in the UK.
  • edithsmom
    10 years ago
    While I am an Anglophile, none of the items above appeal to me. I'll take my hit of anything British via tea, pottery, books, films, etc.
  • shelleyuk
    10 years ago
    Interestingly, although this is thread about the union jack rather than the St Georges cross (red cross on white background - flag of England), there was a piece on the radio this morning about how many of us Brits now shy away from anything displaying the flags due to association with the BNP (British National Party) and the National Front (far right whites only political party.) They have unfortunately adopted our flag.
  • Jessica Kerry Mack
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I'm in the USA but if I remember correctly, isn't the Union Jack a combination of St. George's red on white cross, St. Patrick's red on white cross, and St. Andrews white on blue cross?
  • shelleyuk
    10 years ago
    Thats right Jessica
  • User
    8 years ago

I have a small UJ pillow as a little nod to my British heritage.

• Chantal Ouyang
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I always adore Union Jack Chesterfield sofas. It stands out dramatically.

• PRO
    Studio Wallcoverings
    8 years ago

Loving the chesterfield sofa!

Here at Studio Wallcoverings we love everything British! Particularly our British themed wallpaper. It makes a real statement!

Designer Wallpaper

Rule Britannia - Black/Red - 97740

Rule Britannia follows the trend for all things British. Classic nostalgic scenes from the last few decades in Britain are displayed in photographic panels. This colourway is in a traditional photographic black and white, but key elements are highlighted by a rich red.

£16.00 per roll

http://www.studiowallcoverings.com/Holden-Decor-Designer-Wallpaper-Emporium-2-Rule-Britannia-Black-Slash-Red-Alternative-97740

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.