olivehazel

Solatube with vent kit

olivehazel
9 years ago
Has anyone had experience with Solatube's vent kit? Remodeling an interior bathroom and wondering about appearance and sound. Thanks.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Solatube International, Inc.
    9 years ago
    Hi olivehazel!

Installing a Solatube Daylighting System is a great way to light up any bathroom! The Solatube Ventilation Add-On Kit features an in-line fan motor assembly that is remotely mounted in the attic or plenum rather than on the ceiling of the room to be vented. This significantly reduces the noise level in the room below. It is also generally accepted that remote-mounted venting is usually quieter than in-room venting. For frequently asked questions visit http://www.solatube.com/residential/faq/10 or for more information about the vent kit visit http://www.solatube.com/residential/daylighting#add-ons

Have a Bright Day!
  • PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    9 years ago
    I didn't know this was available. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Learn something new every day!
  • User
    9 years ago
    Cool.
  • Thomas Hosie
    4 years ago

Does this really look any different from a large LED light in actual practice??? Does it "feel" like sunlight?

• User
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Thomas, I honestly think solatubes do look kind of like a large LED, and the quality of the light feels slightly artificial (to me, but I'm super picky). but if a skylight or window is out of the question, I do think a solatube is better than no natural light at all.

important: dome placement. make sure it can be installed in the strongest possible sunlight, so it never winds up in the shade. figure out how the sunlight will change the direction of nearby shadows throughout the year. when solatubes (and skylights) wind up in a shadow, that light can be dim and gloomy.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.