connyjamieson

Looking for options of non glass windows allowing good air flow

connyjamieson
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My daughter has a wooden playhouse which is being built in Bali and the 2nd "floor" has fixed glass windows. However, as there is no air flow it is exceedinlgy hot up there. The windows on the first "floor" can be opened so it is much cooler there. I have asked the builder to do slatted plantation windows which can be opened with a stick, but due to the shape of the windows (triangular) this is proving problematic. Hence I am considering removing the glass and putting in fixed wooden slats. This will cut down on the light though and also let in more dirt. Are there any other options open to me? Many thanks in advance for any help you may have. Conny

Comments (5)

• Denita
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I don't know the answer to your playhouse dilemma, I just wanted to comment to follow along with the brilliant answers you receive to this very interesting window question :)
    connyjamieson thanked Denita
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    9 years ago
    Don't understand why you can't ask for these windows to open.
    connyjamieson thanked John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 years ago
    Or have the window pivot open?
    connyjamieson thanked ASVInteriors
  • km kane
    9 years ago
    What? What is the size of this playhouse?
    connyjamieson thanked km kane
  • connyjamieson
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    We're now discussing hinges on the vertical sides.
  • connyjamieson
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It's sizeable. Good for sleepovers.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.