scottco

Master bath vanity solutions

Heather Scott
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
This long master bath is being renovated, but layout will stay the same. In order to not crowd the tub, we're wondering if a floating vanity would be better than to the floor. Client wants higher counter height, and isn't concerned about having a lot of storage. Need to keep 2 sinks for re-sale. Considering floating vanity, or at least narrower on tub wall with some space between tub and vanity. I have a couple of inspiration photos in client houzz file, and will try to figure out how to post them. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• Heather Scott
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    This is the inspiration photo which will be replicated for this project (less the tall mirrored piece on the end wall). The photo may appear small due to my fail at attaching a houzz photo to the post : ( I'd love to know how that works if anyone can assist. Thanks!
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    10 years ago
    Yes, not a great layout at all, but a floating or even shelf vanity would be better.
    Heather Scott thanked sstarr93
  • statlerm1
    10 years ago
    What about using smaller vanities instead of one? http://houzz.com/photos/130870
    Heather Scott thanked statlerm1
  • Heather Scott
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    This additional photo shows more clearly that there's a wall obstruction on right side of the unit on the right wall. What about just building on the right wall to the corner, leaving the end wall empty (tall wall mirror?) It wouldn't provide much space for two sinks though.
    Something creative can happen here, I'm positive.
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    10 years ago
    What's the dimension for the right wall unit? Looks like maybe 48"?
    Perhaps a long trough sink in a floating vanity instead of two separate sinks?
    Heather Scott thanked sstarr93
  • PRO
    Ku Interior Design
    10 years ago
    What about a free standing tub to open up the space?
    Heather Scott thanked Ku Interior Design
  • PRO
    CBNT Co.
    10 years ago
    I would definitely make it all the same height with continuous countertop. I would do a diagonal cabinet in the corner to store towels, etc. That would set off the vanities as separate but keep the line. I would do an individual mirror above each sink.
    Heather Scott thanked CBNT Co.
  • Heather Scott
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks everyone. Your ideas were pitched to the client. He opted for floating vanity without diagonal corner. He was thrilled that his master bath was the subject of your professional advice. I'll show "afters" when we're done.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.