matttilka

Can landscape photography and abstracts go together?

matttilka
9 years ago
I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures... but I'm wondering if a big landscape can work in a room with abstract art already one the walls? Any input is welcomed.

Thanks

Comments (22)

• matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    *on the walls already
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    So, I'm a bit hesitant to post this pic because the last time I asked about this room (I was thinking about a mantle) I was told that the picture was too big... and it might be, but I like it. But I'm thinking of putting up a landscape when the seasons change. Will a landscape photo work with the art on the right? there are other abstracts in the room too, but this is the corner in question. I've not decided on the landscape yet. Thanks!
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 years ago
    Your picture and the style work very well with the fireplace size (almost exact match in size). Depends on the landscape IMO but you like art and changing it out, so why not? You will change it again later on anyway....
    matttilka thanked ASVInteriors
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    Some scenes on gallery wrapped canvas work well. Looks like the art you have now is on canvas and maybe a floater type frame?
    here is something that are the same theme, trees, but in Winter. [houzz=
    Shadows from Above · More Info
    ]
    matttilka thanked diyher
  • PRO
    Lindsay Cowles LLC
    9 years ago
    Thanks for posting the pic. In my opinion, your landscape will work well with the paintings on the right!
    matttilka thanked Lindsay Cowles LLC
  • PRO
    3523studio
    9 years ago
    Hang landscape art that is a more graphic. More on my website. http://bit.ly/1olcL5T
    matttilka thanked 3523studio
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you for all of your comments. I really have a thing for the Salar de Uyuni salt flats. So I imagining something like this. What do you think?
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    or this
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    and although its not the salt flats i kinda have a soft spot for this too
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    I'm guessing these are photos you took yourself?
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    maybe you shouldn't upload copyrighted photos from Getty Images. http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/wild-wild-west-high-res-stock-photography/124613943
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I didn't take them myself. They're prints I'm thinking of buying. You can't post those?
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I didn't paint the picture in my living room either. Should I take that picture down too?
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    no, you don't have to take the painting down lol. But you shouldn't post copyrighted photos, especially from Getty. Putting a link to the website is a safe way of doing it
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Ahh.... cool. Thanks and I'm sorry about that
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    assuming you realize the last photo, the sky was changed to b/w :) I know a LOT of photographers who have been there.
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    here is one from well known photographer Alain Briot http://www.beautiful-landscape.com/Navajoland-13.html I haven't met him in person, but I worked with him on a project the past year where I and a few other photographers were published in his latest released book.
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    and some more that he has of the salt flats, there is one place everyone calls "the race track" because the stones are to be known to gradually move along the ground because of wind and make tracks. http://www.beautiful-landscape.com/Death%20Valley.html
  • matttilka
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Those are amazing shots. I'm browsing from a tablet at the moment so the webpage might not be fully accessed, but I assume you can buy prints? Also, back to the original question, do you think they'll work with the existing art?
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    yes, he does sell his prints, but some are quite expensive. I guess it depends on where in the room you place them. You wouldn't want it to compete with the one you place larger over your fireplace. I like how that piece of art seems to have the colors of the stone
    matttilka thanked diyher
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.