houzzsupport

houzzsupport
13 years ago
My metro area isn’t included on Houzz. Will my profile be lost in a miscellaneous listing?

Comments (33)

• PRO
    Designs 2 Envy by Jimmy Lewis Interiors, Inc.
    12 years ago
    Will you be adding Jacksonville, Florida to your metro areas?
  • anamargarita
    12 years ago
    Will I appear if I'm not in a USA metro area? I'm from Costa Rica and would like to be contacted by people on my country and everywhere else.
  • Emily H
    12 years ago
    Hi anamargarita, You should still appear in search if someone is looking for a professional in Costa Rica. Hope that helps!
  • anamargarita
    12 years ago
    Thanks! I have another question: Can I upload my fotos with a watermark of my logo to avoid copycats?
  • Emily H
    12 years ago
    I do see photos with watermarks from time to time. One thing to remember is that for photos to be featured on Houzz, they need to be large and of high quality. If the watermark interferes with the quality of the photograph, it could also reduce the chances of it being featured on Houzz.

Anywhere your photo that you upload is featured on the site, it will always link back to your profile.
  • PRO
    Conte & Conte, LLC
    12 years ago
    Will you be adding Fairfield County?

Thank you!
  • Emily H
    12 years ago
    Hi there,

Currently our metro areas are fairly broad, so your best bet would be to pick the closest one to you for now. (Bridgeport?)

As we reach a critical mass of professionals and users in new areas, we are adding new official metro areas. To help speed things along in Greenwich, be sure to tell your colleagues and friends about Houzz so that the area reaches that critical mass more quickly. Hope that helps!
  • PRO
    Christine Huckins Franck, Architect, LLC
    12 years ago
    Is the 'Wilmington" metro area for Wilmington, NC or Wilmington, DE?
  • Emily H
    12 years ago
    Hi Christine, It's Wilmington, NC. Hope that helps!
  • Debra Jessup
    12 years ago
    San Antonio TX....please!
  • PRO
    Sawlor Built Homes
    11 years ago
    Hoping Nova Scotia will be added to your list of Metro Areas.
  • PRO
    Moshir Furniture
    11 years ago
    First of all i need to send many thanks to all Houzz team work for this nice work, and also i need to add Egypt ... thanks
    Moshir Abdallah
  • PRO
    The Rustic Gallery
    11 years ago
    Please add San Antonio, TX... it's the 7th largest city in the US and is not on your list!
  • Emily H
    11 years ago
    Hi there, Houzz is adding new metros as they reach a critical mass of professionals and content in their area. You can help San Antonio get closer by letting your local colleagues and friends know about Houzz as well. Thank you for your patience! We would like to cover everywhere too!
  • PRO
    The Roofing Store, LLC
    11 years ago
    The closest I can find is Providence, RI - Why not Hartford, CT? One would think that at the very least the major cities of our Nation would be included... :)
  • Sauve
    11 years ago
    I'm not a professional but I'm an American living in Normandy, France. (There are quite a few Americans and other English speaking people living in France.) I wish you would add France soon. :)
  • PRO
    eTool
    11 years ago
    Will you be adding international or Perth soon? We are based in Perth, Western Australia, but our services are online and international and we would like anyone to be able to find us!
  • Keerthi Naidu
    11 years ago
    Hi Siobhan, we are working hard to get more design professionals in Perth to join Houzz so we can open Perth as a new metro area. I just sent you an email, looking forward to speaking with you.
  • Amy Burke
    11 years ago
    Hello Jimmy Lewis! We have been added to the Metro areas available.
  • PRO
    PoshHaus
    11 years ago
    Hope something closer than Boston, MA is added for my Keene, NH showroom.
  • Bohdan Plikhivskyy
    11 years ago
    What do you think about doing your project in Western Europe (Ukraine, Russia etc.)? I am a publisher of Interior magazine. Unfortunately, we haven’t such an excellent online platform for home remodeling here.
  • Emily H
    11 years ago
    Hi Bohdan, You can absolutely upload your work to Houzz.
  • Bohdan Plikhivskyy
    11 years ago
    I think there may be some problems. I do not think that many of our architects and home owners actively use foreign sites. I mean a full representation of your excellent online platform in local language.
  • PRO
    Stratus Marble & Granite
    11 years ago
    New metro to add: Northern Michigan Thank you!
  • PRO
    Kemper Associates Architects, LLC
    11 years ago
    Please enter Hartford, CT as a metro location. New York and/or Boston and/or Bridgeport do not quite fit the bill.

Thank you.
  • leannedonelson
    11 years ago
    Where is the listing for areas? Is Houston Texas one of the locations I live outside of Houston in spring/The Woodlands area
  • leannedonelson
    11 years ago
    Where is the listing for areas? Is Houston Texas one of the locations I live outside of Houston in spring/The Woodlands area
  • PRO
    Liza Hausman
    11 years ago
    Hi everyone, we now work simply by letting people search for any geography or zip - and by default show them businesses in their local area, so the opening of metros is not as relevant - we now cover the entire country and more. So if someone in your area goes to the professionals directory, if they are in your area we automatically show them the businesses nearby - regardless of whether they are attached to a specific metro. So smaller towns and cities are covered and people are seeing local businesses unless they specifically search in a different location.
  • PRO
    Arq. Alejandra Palacio
    11 years ago
    Hi there !
    I´m an architect from Argentina, and really interested in upload my workon houzz. do you think this is possible?
  • PRO
    Christine White Design
    11 years ago
    Berlin, Germany, please!
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Myra Small / Lindsey and Associates, Inc.
    10 years ago
    I have been trying to add my profile as a real estate professional in Fayetteville, AR or Springdale, AR. When I do a search, no real estate professionals show up. What am I doing wrong?
  • PRO
    Liza Hausman
    10 years ago
    Hi Myra, we are emailing you from support to help!
  • PRO
    Myra Small / Lindsey and Associates, Inc.
    10 years ago
    I'll be watching for your email! Thank you!
  • Colleen Hickman
    10 years ago
    I am having the same problem as Myra. I added my profile and when you search real estate in Columbus, OH it does not show up. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Emily H
    10 years ago
    Hi Colleen, Sending you an email from our support team!
  • PRO
    LisaGray Interiors, LLC.
    10 years ago
    My area is included but I am not on search, do I need support to do this?
  • PRO
    Blondiesloft
    10 years ago
    I offer my services in 2 locations, how do I include both?
  • PRO
    Sika Design
    10 years ago
    Our company has location in Denmark, so could you please add that?
  • PRO
    DINTIN
    10 years ago
    I'm from mainland china,but i have to choose Hong Kong.
  • User
    10 years ago
    My question is, I posted my Business and pictures. Is anybody seeing them at this time? Thanks in advance for your response to this matter.
  • PRO
    Liza Hausman
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    All images posted to Houzz are searchable by any user and in any area around the world. In general, high-quality, professionally-photographed images get more exposure, as they tend to be added to more ideabooks, and the Houzz algorithm recognizes them as more popular. Adding keywords to your photos will help your exposure.

There is lots of educational material available here to help you optimize your profile:
    http://www.houzz.com/proCenter
  • User
    10 years ago
    Thanks for your prompt response!
  • PRO
    Timothy's Fine Woodworking
    10 years ago
    Please add Helena, Montana to the metro areas. It is the capital of Montana. Or if not Helena, then at least add "Montana"... we're a real up and coming design hub. :-)
  • PRO
    Sum of 3 Designs
    10 years ago
    I noticed that when you search for professionals in the whitby area our name does not appear can you tell us how we can be added to the whitby professionals for Kitchen and Bathroom renovations
  • dixielass
    10 years ago
    I am a proud rural resident, don't consider myself as having a "metro area," and don't especially want one. I notice you keep pushing Hot Springs Village, Arkansas ads on my Houzz pages even though that town is 150 miles away. I haven't been that way in years and have no plans to visit or shop there. Furthermore, it is only a small gated-community "census-designated place" of about 12,000 spanning two counties, hardly a "metro area." How can I remove all these distracting ads, suggestions, Pros, projects, etc. pertaining to this distant town from the Houzz pages?
  • PRO
    JandB Kitchen Designs
    10 years ago
    We're currently listed on Houzz ( http://www.houzz.com/pro/windycityjohn/__public) in the "Chicago Metro" area for searches.

Approx. 6 months ago we opened a satellite location in S.W. Michigan (Lawrence) which has now become established so we want to have it listed on Houzz. It looks like it would be covered under the "Grand Rapids Metro" area which is a bit further away. What other areas would be closer to us in S.W. MI (St. Joseph, Stevensville, South Haven, etc.)?

Main question is, how do we do it? Do we have to start a separate listing all over again or can we simply incorporate our MI location on our existing "page" and also utilize the MI search parameters?

Please get back to us by email or phone.

Thank You!

John (Lewis) & Brigitte M.
  • PRO
    M Home INC.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Yes Sum of 3 Designs, same with our business. We seem to only come up when searching in Quebec, but we are located in NS. any suggestions pros?
  • Keerthi Naidu
    10 years ago
    Hi M Home INC., I will take a look into this for you and be in touch through email. Thanks!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.