olaeh1125

How can I unify the look in my living room?

Liza Marinas
4 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I recently renovated my kitchen and dining as seen in my profile picture here and attached photo. Thanks for all the comments on kitchen column dilemma. My next project is my living room. I want an upgrade look but does not want to do major renovation. How can I unify the look of all three areas? What accessories should I add or remove? I like to maintain the map mural, sofa and the poang chair. Thanks.

Comments (4)

• charleee
    4 years ago

I love your map mural! What is behind the barn door?

For the living room, I would lose or recover the pink chair and lose all the throw pillows on the sofa. There are too many things on the coffee table so reduce those and have your accessories relate to the map mural, it would make more sense then just placing random accessories all around..

• Liza Marinas
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    Thanks Charlee. Well previous color of the living room was aqua where the map mural was based.

When I renovated the kitchen and dining, I shifted to all white to make the room spacious.

Previous theme was shabby chic, but I felt have outgrown the design concept.
  • charleee
    4 years ago

For your coffee table accessories, why not a small globe sitting on an atlas?

Liza Marinas thanked charleee
  • TraKa Pte Ltd
    2 years ago

The new look is more white with wooden furniture and straight edges.

For living room, clear white table and add more modern modern accessories in metal. The pink needs to be replaced with a brown or a mustard yellow cover(to make it stand out but yet within a warm tone). Beige sofa can have 2 cushions on each corner to neaten up. Cushion covers can be black and white modern patterns and maybe a small size in mustard yellow matching accent chair. Add a smart looking black and white rug geometric pattern rug

More Discussions
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.