dublintheatre

What white paint for kitchen? IKEA Bodbyn white /grey cabinets

dublintheatre
7 years ago

Hi! I am planning a kitchen remodel that's happening at the end of this month. We just bought white bodbyn uppers and grey bodbyn base cabinets from IKEA. My dilemma is this: we are planning on white subway tiles (with grey grout) everywhere there is countertop (oak butcher block) to match the white farmhouse sink. The "white" bodbyn cabinets are creamy off-white. I am thinking of painting the rest of the kitchen to match the "white" upper cabinets to pull in this off-white color into the bright white. Right now I am thinking Benjamin Moore's Cloud White. I have two big windows smack in the middle of where all the subway tile will go and close to the upper cabinets. Thinking of painting the window trim and rest of the kitchen a shade like Cloud White to balance the creamy off white of the upper cabinets with the bright white of the subway tile/sink. Or should I find a middle ground white paint like Chantilly Lace? I have bright "Decorator's white" trim in my living and dining room. Should I continue that in the kitchen? But I feel like the cabinets will stick out like a sore thumb? Thank you so much for any help/suggestions you have!

Alicia

Comments (3)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.