tcbtcb

Front door color for black house?

tcbtcb
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I just finished scraping and am in the process of priming my front door. I'm experiencing a bit of a hangup on what color to paint it.

I had originally planned for a slight off-white to match the interior, then considered a light grey with a touch of warmth or a touch of blue. Now I'm just not sure, so I ask you!

The door has brass hardware. I also may switch the walkway to red brick in the future. I'm a 30-something bachelor and want to stay away from something that looks too traditional and boring, however, I also want to avoid temporary trends and anything that might be seen on an HDTV show or similar. In other words, I'm OK with taking some risk and being contrarian as long as it's rooted in good taste and doesn't need to be redone anytime soon. Have I mentioned how painful scraping 4 layers of paint from a door is??

Thoughts on color?

Note: This is a picture that is a number of years old. The climbing plant is gone and the scrolls have been removed from the iron support beams. As a result, the house has traded a bit of the bohemian look above for a more Scandinavian minimalist look.

Comments (50)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.