katieeee_mk

Tiny tween bedroom

Kate M
6 years ago

My sister (11YO) has been landed with the smallest room in the house & my parents and I are trying to plan a way to utilise the little space so that she doesn't feel so cramped.

We don't need to worry about wardrobe storage as she has a big IKEA PAX wardrobe between the room and her bathroom.

It is a simple square shape, with one large (almost floor to ceiling) window on one wall & built into the walls there are bookshelves on with side of one wall.

We were thinking about a mezzanine as if she has a normal bed on the floor there's hardly space for a desk & small storage unit... but the room also has VERY low ceilings (under 9ft) so we're unsure if a mezzanine would be possible if she wanted to have a desk underneath.

She currently has a loft bed (caravan style) but she finds it limits the natural light in her room & makes it seem even smaller, so that's why we thought a mezzanine would give her the bed space without obstructing the window & light coming into her room too much.

What would you do/recommend?

Thankyou!

Comments (5)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.