yvette_luzaran32

How to make my condo look bigger and more appealing

Yvette
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a one bedroom condo unit that is listed in airbnb. Please help me how to make this more appealing to attract more renters.

Im thinking if I install a mirror to make it looks bigger (but where) and maybe change furnitures.
Photos of the unit attached also the lay-out.

Thank you

Comments (18)

• Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    Yvette,,, I would seriously think about removing that wall behind the sofa... that is not a space I would like to spend any time in....
    Yvette thanked Gary Sharp
    Top Answer
  • PRO
    Janise
    2 years ago
    Hi Yvette, the intention of using mirrors is good. I would suggest to explore mirrors on the longest wall to achieve the effect. Furnitures, soft furnishings and lightings also plays a part in making the place complete. Hope it helps.
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Ms.Janice should I install it on the divider? Facing the hallway/entrance door?

Thanks for the reply.
  • PRO
    Janise
    2 years ago
    Yea, good option for full mirrored panel which you can use as a TV panel. Considering that, you’ll need to reconfigure the hall’s space to place the couch and dining facing the full mirror panel.
  • Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    the plan and photos don't seem to match....?
  • Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    Have you considered removng the dividing wall between bed and the living area... making it more hotel like and letting natural light into the sofa zone?
  • Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    more like a quality hotel room rather than a tiny 1 bed apartment
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Mr. Gary, this is the view from the main entrance.

I will change the sofa into daybed.
    The current sofa now looks bigger to my living room.
  • Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    is there a window on the left? near the TV?
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Yes, there’s a window at the side.
    Is there any way not to remove the wall as I still wanted to have a divider between living room and bedroom.
    Glass divider, maybe in future,not now due to budget :)
    I saw one unit that they changed into glass divider and it really looks bigger

Here’s the window
  • HotelAC
    2 years ago
    Hi, I agree with Gary, do a hotel setting to make it more appealing. Here’s an idea. Remove the partition, move the closet down and add a big slider freeing up the space for a spacious bedroom with lounge seating/dining by the window. Think about the tv wall where it can have a proper work desk space. And do you have balcony? Perfect !
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    @arielc mine doesn’t have a balcony.
    I was also now considering to remove the wall partition but then I will change it into sliding glass door divider. The door would be at the center.
    Something like in photo.
    Thanks for all :)
  • Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    Yvette... I a curious why you feel the need to separate the bed from the sitting area... ??? isn't the unit only used by 1 or 2 people who know each other well?
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    @Mr. Gary, the unit was intended to rent out for a group of people. Up to 6 pax. Still they need a sort of privacy when they changing clothes. Unless they used the bathroom.
    Still, Im considering to your suggestions to removed the wall divider.
  • Gary Sharp
    2 years ago
    Then maybe an attractive privacy curtain stacked on one side might be a cheaper and more flexible solution to privacy
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Yeah thank you very much i’ll removed the partition wall.
  • Yvette
    Original Author
    2 years ago

hello guys,

I already hired a contractor for renovating my unit. Partition wall will be knocked down.

But now, can you help me to choose wall paint color that best match to white furnitures.

thank you

• Zen Quek
    2 years ago

CLADDING with Titanium Coated Stainless Steel Metal Material Supply in Singapore. ROSE GOLD HAIRLINE FINISHES STAINLESS STEEL IN HOTEL GRADE

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.