juliernorris

Help with internal wall colours

Julie Norris
6 years ago

Hi there

We are down the line with the build, steels are in, floors are in, ceilings are half in, stairs are delivered (and too short as I had that job), kitchen is delivered, plumbing is in progress as are electrics.

I'm being pressured to choose a wall colour, ideally for the whole house, although I'm not confident about this.

We have anthracite windows and bi folds, initially i'm interested in the kitchen,living,snug room, which is west facing, 600sq ft of open plan space with 14ft bi fold doors (not yet installed, so its bl00dy cold up there) The kitchen in light grey shaker style, island is dark grey . Tiles are 600x600 shiny light tile, worktops will be solid oak to warm it up a bit. We have an oak table and chairs for the dining area, and a dark grey sofa for the snug. This is the mock up of the kitchen plan.

I was edging towards the whole house in F&B slipper satin or similar, but hubby wants something grey like F&B Dovetale, that will contrast with the white woodwork and ceilings better and I tend to agree, but not the whole house, and I wonder if Dovetale in this one room is too much grey?

These are the floor tiles we will be having.

I would welcome any advice :)

Thanks, Julie

Comments (9)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.