tiffanyceddy

White wash or not to white wash?

Tiffany Eddy
6 years ago

Hello! My husband and I recently purchased a house. This is a picture of our brick fireplace and the recently painted new drywall (There was old dark brown paneling before we put drywall in.)

We recently painted teh walls "Windstorm" by Sherwin WIlliams - it is a medium gray color.

We have been debating white washing the fireplace to give the room a more contemporary look and to mute the very dark red/orange/black brick. I am looking for opinions! My goal is to brighten the room up and make it more inviting yet still have the fireplace wall be an accent wall.

The other picture is a picture of the gray slate colored tile we will be putting around the fireplace with gray grout. And also a sample of our laminate flooring taht we will be laying down. It is Pergo "Sterling Gray" from Lowes. Please give any or all opinions you may have! Thank you very much! If you have white wages before, tips/tricks, what color and kind of paint?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.